Video Tutorials not available on client sites

This is a multisite install with client sites. I've installed the Video Tutorials plugin but I get the "Access Denied" message on the videos when viewing from any client site. What is the purpose of this plugin if not for giving clients the tutorials?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Brecht

This should not happen. As long, you have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed, the video should work.

Would you please enable support access so that I can check? Please follow this article to enable support access: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Also, guide me where on your site I should check and see Access Denied message, a full page screenshot will help too.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Brecht
    • New Recruit

I have a second issue which is that after I activate the dashboard plugin and I logout when I login I can no longer see it in the menu or access it. I have to deactivate it and reactivate it with the user that I'm logged in as. Perhaps they're related.

If you go to the Caleb Capital site you'll see that you don't have access to the Video Tutorials.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Brecht,

Can you check now?

Videos will display on only domains that are registered to Video API - since you are using mapped domain on both front-end and backend, that domain was not registered to Video API. I have manually added this domain to the API, so it should be good now.

I have a second issue which is that after I activate the dashboard plugin and I logout when I login I can no longer see it in the menu or access it. I have to deactivate it and reactivate it with the user that I'm logged in as. Perhaps they're related.

WPMU DEV Dashboard is by default visible to account that installed and then activated it. If you are logged in with a different user, you will no see it.
    If you want WPMU DEV Dash to be visible for more user accounts please go to WPMU DEV -> Settings -> Permissions and add all the accounts there.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brecht
    • New Recruit

since you are using mapped domain on both front-end and backend, that domain was not registered to Video API

We don't really want to do this for every site that we're hosting on this multisite install. What do we need to do differently to avoid having to do this?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Brecht,

I don't think it's related to mapping. You need to register all the top level domains where you want to show the videos, that's how it works.

You can request your clients to send you the domain they are using so you can register those in the Video API so they can access those video tutorials from their domain.

Please let me know if you have any confusion. We will be very glad to assist further.

Regards,
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.