Videos & Images too small

Hi There,

how can I increase the size of uploaded images and embedded videos?

Thanks, Tee

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

Thank you for the great question.

This can be controlled by many things to include in WordPress itself and the php.ini file of your hosting account.

Do you have the Pro Sites plugin installed?

What is the allowed upload file size in your php.ini file under upload_max_filesize

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know if I made my question clear enough. Pls the screenshot to better describe my problem. When inserting a YouTube Link or Uploading a picture with BuddyPress Activity Plus, both are too small.

Cheers, Tee

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

Thank you for the additional input and the screen shots as well.

Be sure to verify your default sizes for embedded media. It’s in Settings -> Media -> Embeds -> Maximum embed size

That is where the image sizes are set.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

Thank you for your additional input which is certainly appreciated.

Have you by any chance tried adjusting all those sizes to see if the site gives a reaction?

I am certainly willing to ask the lead developer for his advice but was hoping to help you in a quicker manner.

Please be sure to have cleared the caches and cookies of the browser you are using to test and if running caching clear that too.

Let me know how it goes and have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

Thank you for your demonstrated patience as I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Tee
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi There,

now that we found the time to fine tune the activity stream it is clearer what the challange is for us:

The uploaded image is shown in the size of the thumbnail setting of WordPress. As that is too small for us, but we can't change the size as we need that setting somewhere else, we have a problem to solve.

What can you suggest? How could we use our own size?

Thanks

BTW: The video issue we solved with CCS.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee,

Thank you for letting us know and for posting what you folks did to manage the video issue.

We are now in a quandary with these images because they are being used in a single installation? But different sizes needed for two different purposes.

So now it comes down to deciding how to best manage the situation because I do not know of a way to change this within the core nor plugin i.e. both items drawing from the same image pool unless one creates a sub site with different functions.

Your thoughts on what you may choose to resolve this function?

Let me know and have a GREAT weekend in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

You can set dimensions for both images and oEmbed objects (videos) using define statements. The plugin will recognise a couple of those:

BPFB_THUMBNAIL_IMAGE_SIZE - for images. Should be a string value, in "<width>x<height>" format: e.g. "150x150"
    BPFB_OEMBED_WIDTH - for video width. Accepts integer value (e.g. 500 for 500px width)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tee and Vladislav!

@Vladislav Thank you Chief for the clarification in which I learned something new and is certainly helpful.

@Tee With the last post form our lead developer, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• greg_mcewan_marriott
    • The Incredible Code Injector

the real prize would be for Activity Plus to handle image uploads the way FB does...one image is set at 100% of container, two images are put next to one another, each at 50% width, 4 images at 25% etc so it all looks nice an tidy !!!!!!!!!!

Offcourse if we could code in the upload "container" to work the way FB works even better,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.