Videos on plugin pages causing my computer to freeze.

Every time I try to watch one of the videos, it plays for a split second and my entire computer locks up. Same result in every browser. It's only happening on this specific computer and only on these videos.

Is there any information someone can give me about how the videos are encoded or how they're embedded so I can start troubleshooting my computer's issue with them?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello kewalter,

First of all, welcome to WPMU Dev! We're glad to have you here!

Just to be sure, you are referring to our unbranded Flash videos available at the following, correct?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/videos/

Assuming so, those videos are in standard Flash .swf format and the download is accessing that .swf file directly. If you have a program on your computer associated with .swf files, your computer may attempt to play that file using that program upon download. That program could be causing your computer to crash.

If you'd like to download the files directly without your computer attempting to play the files, you could simply right-click the files (the big download buttons for each video) and select "Save As..." and save them somewhere on your computer.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    David

• kewalter
    • Flash Drive

I know this has been closed for a long time and I forgot a follow up. I finally got my video drivers updated this week (work computer) and now all the videos work fine. It was just really weird that this was the only site I had a problem with.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.