Videos Plugin : Sorting and Additional Videos

I am still on the trail but can't see how i can live without WPMUDEV anymore and hope we will have a nice long journey together :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The video plugin is awesome & will save a gazillion customer training hours! But have two small suggestions...

1. Would it maybe be able to add some basic Woocommerce video tutorials (i know woocommerce is a whole "field/product" on it's own. Maybe just the very basics like : adding a category, adding a simple product, adding a variable product, approving an order etc... Just the basics :slight_smile:

2. The possibility to "highlight" the the most important videos in a block just above the videos, something like a "get started with these : 1. xxx 2.xxx 3.xxx." The list "as is" might overwhelm some customers at first and as we all know every customer is different.

So for example for the tech savvy client, i would include the "more technical" videos at the top as a starting point, while with the NOT SO tech savvy i would let them rather start with something simple as in "post vs pages" video... the store owners maybe first the "post vs pages then the how to add a product"...

For now a workaround is to obviously have a few pages on my own site i can refer them to with the videos in my own specified order... It is just a thought :slight_smile:

Thank you & enjoy the rest of the day!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Paddaman,

Glad you're enjoying WPMU DEV so far! I too hope it will be a nice long journey :slight_smile:

1. Would it maybe be able to add some basic Woocommerce video tutorials (i know woocommerce is a whole "field/product" on it's own. Maybe just the very basics like : adding a category, adding a simple product, adding a variable product, approving an order etc... Just the basics

We haven't really got into third party plugins at all for the Video Tutorials, as you likely noticed, but if we do I am sure WooCommerce will be top on the list.

2. The possibility to "highlight" the the most important videos in a block just above the videos, something like a "get started with these : 1. xxx 2.xxx 3.xxx." The list "as is" might overwhelm some customers at first and as we all know every customer is different.

I was about to say that you can custom order them with shortcodes, but I see that is the workaround you are already using :smiley:

So you're thinking like a shortcode that would let you define a few videos to highlight at the top of the list? or a parameter within the current group shortcodes to input videos you want highlighted at the top. I'll pass the request along, can't wait for sure whether it will be added or not at this time. Thanks a lot for your feedback/suggestions!

Look forward to seeing you around the community :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.