View PDF-file with HTML5-viewer

Hi!

I have a client who want to display a PDF as a magazine on her website. The magazine must work on iOS-devices as well on computers without flash. I’ve tried some plugins in the WP repository but none has been very good.

Any ideas?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Is there any reason the magazine has to be in PDF format? If you’re concerned about compatibility, your best bet would be to use good ‘ol html. Thanks to the power of CSS and WordPress, anything you do in a PDF is doable one way or another with CSS.

Whats more, PDFs are already viewable on iOS devices, Android devices, and don’t require flash. It’s been many years since I’ve heard of someone not able to view a PDF – everyone has Acrobat Reader or an alternative these days.

So I guess I’m a little confused why you need something in addition to methods that are already in place. Maybe I’m missing something? Could you help clarify for me?

• smartmediaas
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi!

I’m sorry but I was not clear on the matter.

I’m looking for a plugin that converts a pdf-fil to a flipable magazine (like issuu.com). The best way to handle this for the client is to just upload the pdf-file an then a plugin handle the rest.

The users of the websites should not download a pdf-file, but have a flipable presentation of the pdf.

Was this any more clear?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

That is more clear. Thank you, I believe I understand your question.

There is actually an issuu.com plugin if your client was interested in using their service. You can check it out here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/issuu-pdf-sync/

If you wanted to accomplish this functionality independently of a third party service, check out Responsive Flip Book WordPress Plugin over on Code Canyon. It’s a premium plugin, but it will get the job done and come with support.

If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to help!

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.