*chi-bin/
*wp-admin/
*wp-content/
*wp-includes/

what does this meen?

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Odd, if there is an index.php file there then this should be served by your server.

Have you ensure the domain is pointing correctly? If you are using multidomain (which I think your title suggests) then is your wild card set up correctly?

Do you have a demo I can see for this behaviour?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

If you have DNS enabled for cPanel then you can it there, or you can do it through WHM. The result is the same.

You need to enter the following:

Name:
    *.yourdomain.net.
    TTL:
    Class:
    IN
    Type:
    A
    Record:
    IPADDRESS

the * means everything .yourdomain.

Hope this helps.

Is giftcardtoday.net your root domain? If so then this should work.Or is this a sub site which I thought you mean?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Thats if your WHM/cPanel is handling your DNS, which I suspect it will be. If it is in fact GoDaddy handling the DNS then you could request they handle it for you if you are unsure.

We usually set it up for our clients on demand if they are unsure how to do it in their cPanel or if they don't have access depending on the package they have.

• Tallon
    • Flash Drive

sorry for the sleepy talk :stuck_out_tongue:

What My goal here is to have a PrimeWPInsall to manage WP-installs on their very on Domain name.

Example: PrimeWPDomain.com manages SecondaryWP.com (http://www.giftcardtoday.net).

Multi-Domains is setup for Subdirectory not Subdomain

"Is giftcardtoday.net your root domain? If so then this should work.Or is this a sub site which I thought you mean?" so no it's not Root.

since it is not, then would there be anything different I should do?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Well I guess your "PrimeWPDomain.com" is working as you had not mentioned otherwise?

So the things you need to do is:

+ Wild card set-up.
    + Point the secondary domain to your main site.
    + Then tell the plugin (domain plugin) from the sub sites admin, what the domain is. WP and the plugin should handle the rest for you. :slight_smile:

Providing that is all correct then it should work fine.

• Tallon
    • Flash Drive

Yes main site works just fine. I can even make WP installs on SubDirectories from SuperAdmin.

ok, I got the wild card setup
    Does that look correct to you?

then in the Domain Mapping for the Secondary WP install, I assign Giftcardtoday.net (under "Custom Domain") to the "Original Blog Address" of PrimaryDomain.com/test/

the page still comes back with index of/

you mentioned one other step... "+ Point the secondary domain to your main site."
    How do you meen?

your really helping me out here! :')

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Wild card is for the main domain name. Its so anything.maindomain.com will forward back to the root domain. Its not needed for secondary domains.

1sub.maindomain.com
    2sub.maindomain.com
    3sub.maindomain.com

In this example with wildcard setup will all point to maindomain.com and WordPress hands the routing to the blog.

Secondary domain, should pointed to the main install. One example of this would be using cPanel to park your domain on that install. So if your main install was:

/home/cpanel-name/public-html/

Then you would park the secondary domain name there as well.

This is not desirable for when clients host with you, you might want them to handle it themselves and so they would point their A Record to your main installs IP address.

• Tallon
    • Flash Drive

so since I am using SubDirectories for MultiDomain, I dont need to setup a wild card, I think is what your telling me?

so are you talking about a redirect to "domain.com/test"?
    if so, which method would you recommend?

btw. Im trying to make it so that when the user visits giftcardtoday.net, then the wont see that it's apart of domain.com/test.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Right, I hadn't realised you were using sub folders. You don't need to have wildcard set up for this method.

Still the rest remains the same.

WordPress and the Multi-Domain plugin handles routing.

You need to point your secondary domain to the main site. As I mentioned previously you can do this by either parking the domain onto the main install.

In cPanel there is an option for parking domain names. You can specify the path there. The path must be the same as your root domain.

And the other way is to edit the secondary domains DNS.

+ Wild card set-up. (Only needed on sub domain installs)
    + Point the secondary domain to your main site. (Either Park domain or edits the secondary domains DNS to point it to your multisite install)
    + Then tell the plugin (domain plugin) from the sub sites admin, what the domain is. WP and the plugin should handle the rest for you. :slight_smile:

• Tallon
    • Flash Drive

I tried parking the domain, and it's giving me Error from park wrapper: "giftcardtoday.net is already configured."

I think I'll do better at this with a little bit of sleep.
    Thank you so much for your help!
    I appreciate it!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.