Visitor + Member Registration with Combined WP, Buddypress, Membership elements

I'm having trouble configuring the combined elements the way I'd like, and wondering if someone can help figure it out, or point me to documentation to configure things correctly.

I have the following elements that I'd like to work together:
JanRain sign-in
Wordpress
Buddypress
Membership

Optional: will also use Affiliates and MarketPress & would like to minimize multiple sign-ins there too.

I'll have 3 user classes:
a) visitor - can access basic information on WP pages - about, service descriptions, etc.
b) free member - can access Buddypress, and additional WP pages
c) premium member - can access Buddypress and all WP pages, including premium discount codes, premium events and premium training.

What's the best way to accomplish the following:

New visitor comes to site, pop-up displayed with links to "Join"

"Join" page includes options for
a) free member - join with either JanRain or email
b) premium member - join with either JanRain or email

Free member sign up also creates a Buddypress member, and provides access to defined WP pages

Premium member sign up also creates a Buddypress member and provides access to full set of WP pages

Thanks for taking a look, and I look forward to any advice.

Best,
Greg

• aecnu

Greetings Greg,

Thank you for the great questions but they are nearly impossible to answer, they will require a coder to institute all this stuff that you are trying to integrate and this is way beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do help if we can or know the answer in any event.

The JanRain sign-in probably will not work at all without custom coding since new members must go through the Membership plugins registration protocol.

Free member sign up also creates a Buddypress member, and provides access to defined WP pages

Which access is controlled by using Membership defined URL Groups.

Premium member sign up also creates a Buddypress member and provides access to full set of WP pages

Same as above using URL Groups.

The JanRain item/integration appears to be the Achilles heal of your plan.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.