visitor role error how to fix?

i am trying to set this plug in to work but I get this error message:

[Q&A] Visitor role cannot be found. Try to deactivate and reactivate the plugin, if you continue to see this message, consult our Help and Support.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @alexandegn

Did you try as recommended to deactivate and reactivate the plugin? What was the result?

Did you also try deleting and re-installing the plugin?

What process are you using to upload the plugin? Are you installing it from your WPMUDEV Dashboard, or are you uploading via FTP?

• alexandegn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

in my dashboard I still see the message:

[Q&A] Visitor role cannot be found. Try to deactivate and reactivate the plugin, if you continue to see this message, consult our Help and Support.

How do I make this message disappear? And how does it affect the functioning of this plug in?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @alexandegn

Can anyone help me with this issue?

We're trying :slight_smile:

We're also a bit understaffed these days and have a whole bunch of new members too (which is nice). That means that sometimes things may unfortunately slip through the cracks. You have my apologies.

Does the "QA Visitor" role actually appear in the "Accessibility Settings" section of the plugin settings? Or is it not selectable at all there?

Also, please update to version 1.4.2 just released this morning. Perhaps updating will kick-start things :slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @alexandgen

a solution to the issue is to deactivate network activation, then goto each subsite & manually activate the plugin on each subsite. once you have done that, deactivate the plugin on the sub site, then go back to network dashboard and re-activate the network activation for the plugin.

As there has been no response in over a month, I will mark this thread as resolved.

Should you feel that the issue has not been resolved, then feel free to re-open it again & we will continue with the discussion.

thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.