visitor to the website is cant register

I have now had two people email me about an error they receive when trying to register. It tells them to 'please enter nan characters' and does not allow them to register.
What does this mean?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "nan" phrase suggests that this is a JavaScript error and it's most likely result of a JavaScript conflict caused by scripts used by the current theme of your site or by another plugin. That said, I've visited your site in order to investigate the issue but wasn't able to replicate it:

I've successfully signed up for the free membership, got a confirmation e-mail and logged into the site.

This makes me think that this was either an issue on user's side or I'm missing something here. Could you please find out and let me know about:

- on which pages and which steps exactly did it happen?
    - what was the browser + OS used (including versions)?
    - example steps necessary to replicate the error

I realize that you may want to contact your users to find answers to these questions but this knowledge would help me a lot.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brain,

Thank you for your replay!

I've been able to test it and confirm. I have successfully registered a new account with an Opera browser on my PC but an error (as described) occurred with a Opera Mini browser on my Lumia smartphone. Therefore I think there's an Opera Mini - specific issue that needs to be addressed and fixed.

I've forwarded this already to the developers and marked as a bug. I'm not able however to give you any ETA on this especially because there's no way to tell upfront why this is happening and how could it be fixed - they'll need to test it and examine both plugin's source code and know Opera related issues.

This however is a critical bug so I hope they'll be able to fix that as soon as possible.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further information and updates!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.