Vistors access see home page only

I am having some trouble getting the plugin configured and have a few questions.

1) I want visitors to be able to see the home page but if they click on anything it takes them to the register page where they are prompted to sign up for a subscription, one of which is free.

2) The next level would be the Basic Subscription where they can see the home page and one category which is Monthly Horoscopes. I have set this by dragging categories to the access level and checking that one category.

3) The next level is then Silver which would have also the readings available -- did this the same as #3

4) The last level is Gold which I did by dragging posts and pages to the level and checking all.

Right now when I try to test, one a browser where I'm not logged in, I can see much more content as a visitor. I'm not using negative rules anywhere so I don't know if that is a problem.

Also, is there a way to have the Register and a Login page? It seems confusing to have just register.

• Patrick

Hi @PlanetWaves

Welcome to the forums!

1) I want visitors to be able to see the home page but if they click on anything it takes them to the register page where they are prompted to sign up for a subscription, one of which is free.

The easiest way to accomplish that is to set the "Stranger Settings" membership level to "None - No access to content". Then, under "Membership Pages", set your protected content page to your registration page.

Right now when I try to test, one a browser where I'm not logged in, I can see much more content as a visitor. I'm not using negative rules anywhere so I don't know if that is a problem.

In my experience, using negative rules is usually more reliable and results is less potentially unauthorized access like you have experienced. The plugin will assume that if something it not restricted, it must therefore be authorized :slight_smile:

• Patrick

Hi @PlanetWaves

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads.

I noticed that this one is still open, and appears to have been dropped. Terribly sorry about that. :slight_frown:

Can you not create an access level where the positive rules include only one rule granting access to only your homepage and the protected content page? Then assign that access level at the "Stranger Settings".

That way, not logged-in visitors (and logged-in users whose membership has lapsed) should only have access to the home and protected content pages.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.