Visual Composer and Smush CDN are not savvy

The layered image module of Visual Composer stops showing the image when Smush CDN is activated.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jordi

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and found out that this is related to the "Enable automatic resizing of my images" option of Smush CDN which, apparently, in this specific case is not able to properly recognize image container size. As a result it specifies 0w as image width in "srcset" attribute of "img" HTML tag which in turn causes the issue - as Chrome reports that parsing "srcset" is abandoned due to incorrect w attribute value.

The bottom line is: in this specific configuration automatic resizing option is not able to determine proper "target" image size and that causes the issue.

For now, I have disabled this option on "Smush Pro -> CDN" page of your site and the missing images are back on site.

However, since I'm not that familiar with your site and didn't want to "mess around" to much: what module of WP Bakery Builder was used for this images section and is it built-in into the builder or does it come from some add-on? I'd like to dig a bit deeper into it, hence my question :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jordy,

It seems that the issue here is not related to Visual Composer and Smush directly but rather to additional usage added by your theme and/or Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder plugin.

Can you try disabling Ultimate Addons for WPBakery Page Builder plugin, enable Resizing in Smush CDN and clear your cache, check the page now and see if it works after that so we can see if that's indeed the issue?

If that doesn't return any results try doing a full conflict test by leaving only Smush, Visual Composer and your theme active and see if the images are loading properly after that.

I would suggest having a full backup ready before performing these tests.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.