Visual Composer Breaks Jupiter Wp-Admin Area

Hello,

On our website we used to use Genesis theme, but we want to use Jupiter theme. I installed Jupiter and everything was fine. The theme requires Visual Composer and came bundled with a modified version of VC. I installed VC and the backend wp-admin area just became a white screen. Using FTP I was able to remove VC plugin. I then downloaded and installed the non-bundled VC plugin from themeforest. This too broke the backend in the same way. I deleted via FTP and found a very old and very obsolete version of VC in my files and tried installing that. This time it actually worked. We really want to take advantage of the newest VC, and the theme requires it, is there anything you can suggest that might be causing the new VC to break the admin area? Both Jupiter and VC support or horrible and its been days since they responded to my support request and the client is getting mad. Can you help please?

Thanks!

AD

• Adrian

Also here are some errors that come up, im not sure if they are related or not:

Dec 17 19:10:26 bservers.wsynth.net ool www: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_User as array in /var/www/suspicious0bservers.org/wp-content/themes/jupiter/single.php on line 289
    Dec 17 19:10:27 bservers.wsynth.net ool www: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_User as array in /var/www/suspicious0bservers.org/wp-content/themes/jupiter/single.php on line 289
    Dec 17 19:10:27 bservers.wsynth.net ool www: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_User as array in /var/www/suspicious0bservers.org/wp-content/themes/jupiter/single.php on line 289
    Dec 17 19:14:16 bservers.wsynth.net ool www: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_User as array in /var/www/suspicious0bservers.org/wp-content/themes/jupiter/single.php on line 289
    Dec 17 19:14:18 bservers.wsynth.net ool www: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_User as array in /var/www/suspicious0bservers.org/wp-content/themes/jupiter/single.php on line 289
    Dec 17 19:14:45 bservers.wsynth.net ool www: PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_User as array in /var/www/suspicious0bservers.org/wp-content/themes/jupiter/single.php on line 289

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Adrian,

Hope you're well today.

Unfortunately neither the theme or plugin is developed by our team so there is not much we can do about this, I suggest contacting the developers on their support systems and asking for quick response on twitter or facebook.

Here are few things you can try yourself to try pinpointing the issue:

Activate the original Jupiter theme to see if the VC works then.

Also try disabling your other plugins leaving only VC active to see if there are maybe conflicts between VC and some other plugin.
    I suggest trying this before contacting support because they will probably ask you do to the same thing :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.