Vote count not updaying after first vote

The vote plugin stores the first vote. After that no matter how many times you click with how many accounts/pc, it wont update. I disabled the IP check and tried with multiple computers. Its just not updating. and I am using the vote option for a custom post type. Please help, its a live site.

• towfiqi
    • Flash Drive

It was not working for a while. Then after I tried with another computer it worked. But If I try voting it with different use account with same browser its not updating. But when I use different account with different browser it works. Does the plugin read browser cookie?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

towfiqi,

Had a quick chat with the developer and found that the plugin does indeed create a cookie!

However there is no way to prevent it from doing so. However, you can turn on the "allow daily voting" addon that will allow the cookies to expire in one day.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best and thanks for being a WPMU member!

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.