Vote for: New BuddyPress Features for Ultimate Facebook

Hello people,

Some BuddyPress specific feature suggestions for Ultimate Facebook. If you think you like them, give a +1.

– Integration of BuddyPress activity stream with your Facebook account.

– Option to import Facebook updates (set number of status per day to be imported) to the BuddyPress activity stream.

– Features for optional import like having to include a user specified #hashtag for import.

– Option to post to Facebook from BuddyPress activity stream. Check a box “send to Facebook” before posting a status update on BuddyPress posts the status in Facebook as well.

– Integration of Facebook comments with status comments.

Please add any features you have in mind as well :slight_smile:

• Jeff
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

– Option to post to Facebook from BuddyPress activity stream. Check a box “send to Facebook” before posting a status update on BuddyPress posts the status in Facebook as well.

+1 for this.

Seems like notifying your Facebook network of your activity elsewhere is natural for the user and a great way to connect to social ecosystems. I’m curious to know if this feature request would allow the user to post ANY activity performed on a network to their Facebook profile…such as a user creating a blog post and feeding it to their Facebook profile. Or, would this feature request be limited to certain activities?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Jeff,

I was thinking more in lines of just the status updates. Posts can be sent individually. The activity updates are automated right? I don’t think most users would want the automated updates to go into their Facebook pages.

well, having that as an option wouldn’t hurt either :wink:

• daveoutdoor
    • Flash Drive

Hey guys,

I’d like to see the BP activity stream integrated with my site’s FB Page, so that when someone posts to the BP site it adds the same activity item to the Facebook Page.

I’d double-like to see this work with the BP Activity Plus plugin, so that when visitors to my website add pictures, videos, or links, it posts them to my website’s facebook page, too!

Of course, it would be nice if comments on those activity items went back and forth, too! :slight_smile:

That, to me, is the perfect integration between BP and FB!

Food for thought…

Dave.

• ingridlima
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I was just researching to this option when I found this post:

You guys have any idea when you are going to release it?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

As of the latest plugin release (v2.4, just released), Ultimate Facebook is capable of publishing BuddyPress activity updates on Facebook as well. You can either set up default target for activity updates (e.g. a sitewide Facebook profile) in plugin settings, or control individual activity update publishing on your member’s profiles, which will also add the mentioned checkbox to individual activity post box. Both settings are available under “Autopost to Facebook” section in plugin settings.

• raison-online
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

+1 to all the ideas.

Additionaly, it would be ideal if after FB one-click registration the new user was forced to complete empty mandatory XProfile fields before being able to use the site.

It is a quick way of getting registrations AND getting the specific user information required from a user.

P.s. Had nothing but grief with the buddystream plugin… Anyone else get it working well?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.