Voting on questions/answers causes weird behavior

Hello,

I've been using the Q&A plugin with Safari/MacOS, but I just noticed that when using Chrome and other browsers on Mac and Win the vote function doesn't work properly.

When any user votes on any question or answer, the homepage is embedded in the question/answer space (?!?!)

Here are some screenshots (before and after voting). Could you please help me solve this?! It's a production site so I really need some help here!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

Looks like it was an issue with js, did you check the Chromes console output as David suggested?

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• aecnu

Greetings vidulous,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I was rummaging around in the back of the ticket system and found this ticket.

We never take a week to reply to a new ticket, it is often hours but you opened a ticket that is over two months old which buries it in the back of the support system in which I came upon it by accident.

Please create your own ticket and feel free to copy and paste from this ticket any relative information and it is sure that one of us tech support people will be on it quickly.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• vidulous

Well, after I got a response from support saying basically that they couldn't help me and it was on me to determine what, if any, offending code was interfering with this functionality, I went out and found the problem myself (thanks a lot for that by the way - membership canceled).

And so, for anyone else experiencing this issue, make sure that if you have a plugin or theme function that 'protects' your admin area by using an init or admin init hook similar to this:

function my_no_admin_access()
    {
     if( !current_user_can( 'administrator' ) ) {
     	if (!DOING_AJAX) {
         		wp_redirect( home_url() );
         		die();
         	}
      }
    }
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'my_no_admin_access', 1 );

You absolutely have to make sure that there is a DOING_AJAX check so that the redirect does not happen when you're...doing ajax.

So there it is, my swansong post as a WPMU member. It's really a shame because I was very much looking forward to being a member of this awesome community. I did not expect to be so unimpressed with the support, though, and it gives me no confidence to continue.

Cheers,
    Randall

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.