Voucher - Suggestions?

Hi there
My client wants to sell own vouchers through his website. They should be payable by paypal, creditcard or by bill. Do you have any suggestions for an easy way?

Thanks
Brian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello WebSource!

I think the base could be a regular e-store, such as our own MarketPress.

Using it you could set your vouchers as downloadable products (that can e.g. be PDF files) and then create a product for general voucher and some products like vouchers for other options. A buyer could then visit your store and create his/her own "mix up" by simply adding selected products to the store.

The more "tricky" part is the voucher itself. First: I assume that while in case of a "general" voucher it could just be a "ready to use" PDF (or other kind of file) in case of "combined" vouchers the "files to download" (because you need to assign a file to download to each downloadable) product would have to be automatically combined into one somehow. That sounds like a custom coding though and may turn out to be quite complex.

A simpler solution may be to include "voucher" in just an order confirmation but again that depends on how such voucher should work/look: is it some kind of individual code, or a "pre-defined" coupon code and/or printable file etc... Could you shed some light on that as well please?

Best regards,
    Adam

• WebSource

Hello WebSource!

I think the base could be a regular e-store, such as our own MarketPress.

Using it you could set your vouchers as downloadable products (that can e.g. be PDF files) and then create a product for general voucher and some products like vouchers for other options. A buyer could then visit your store and create his/her own "mix up" by simply adding selected products to the store.

*thumbs up*

The more "tricky" part is the voucher itself. First: I assume that while in case of a "general" voucher it could just be a "ready to use" PDF (or other kind of file)

Both of the vouchers which can be bought should contain the amount of the value. for the first case only tha value ist enough. So alone a ready to use pdf will not work, unfortunately.

in case of "combined" vouchers the "files to download" (because you need to assign a file to download to each downloadable) product would have to be automatically combined into one somehow. That sounds like a custom coding though and may turn out to be quite complex.

I think of a pdf that contains the names of the bought products like:
    Voucher for X, Y, X, X for the amount of XX EUR. What do you think about that?

A simpler solution may be to include "voucher" in just an order confirmation but again that depends on how such voucher should work/look: is it some kind of individual code, or a "pre-defined" coupon code and/or printable file etc... Could you shed some light on that as well please?

The client at this point is very open on how they should work. i think only a predefined cupon code will only work if you have an online store where you will be able to redeem it. at this point the client has none. i mean we could setup a redeem voucher store where you will be able to redeem it.

But a printable file would be better at this point. I found something like this:
    * https://woocommerce.com/products/pdf-product-vouchers/
    * https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/gift-cards-for-woocommerce/

do you have something like this in your storeplugin?

Thanks Brian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brian!

MarketPress does support coupon codes but currently they are not in form of "vouchers"/"gift cards", that's why I mentioned custom coded solution. It seems though that WooCommerce add-ons that you found may be a "ready to use" solution for you.

I think though that the "vouchers/gifts" feature would make a great addition to MarketPress so I moved that entire thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum for other members of our community to vote for it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.