W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache or Batcache

Hi there,

I see that Hummingbird recommends WP Super Cache or Batcache plugin for caching.
Can I use W3 Total Cache plugin instead? Just cos my host server recommend it and it has already some specific settings.

Is that a problem to use W3 Total Cache? Or they are similar plugins?

Thanks,

Daniel W.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for asking. We have a nice thread in our Members' Forum where our members are discussing Hummingbird compatibility with W3TC and WP Super Cache: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hummingbird-w3-or-wp-super-cache
    You can check this thread to get idea about this. I don't see any user complaining about Hummingbird compatibility with any of these plugins. So I believe, you can use W3TC without any issue.

Just make sure, as Hummingbird already provides minification option, don't minify from both the plugin as this might create some trouble.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Jim
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

W3TC can be nightmare to remove, to so keep that in mind. A simple google of "remove w3tc wordpress" and you'll find plenty of horror stories.

I was able to get most of it removed off my WP setup, but I eventually scrapped it and started over. It deeply integrates itself into WordPress and the uninstall does not clean up after itself.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.