WAF Block WPMU Dev

Hello,
I enable Stackpath WAF form some of my websites. I am seeing WAF block all your requests.

Could you provide all IPs used by your services to whitelist it.

Best Regards

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Mohamed

Hope you are doing good today.

In order to prevent our services to be blocked, please whitelist the following IPs:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jonathan

WPMU DEV doesn't use stackpacth, rather they block our IPs. If you still have issues after whitelisting our IPs, would you please join our live chat or create a separate ticket here?
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

That will help us to provide better and faster support as it will need further investigation and the original poster won't be bothered with email notification :slight_smile: Have a nice day!

Cheers,
      Ash

• Ash
          • WordPress Hacker

Hello Mohamed

I am sorry, I didn't explain clearly.

Stackpath is used when you use CDN from HummingBird after enabling assets optimization. But according to your main question, I assume you are using that CDN separately in your site. It might also be used by any third party service. On that perspective, I mentioned that we don't use that CDN.

Also, it is possible your CDN may block concurrent connection when you have frequent ping from an IP, like if you use uptime or automate.

Whitelisting those IPs should solve the issue, please let us know if you still face any issue after whitelisting IPs.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
          Ash

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Mohamed,

Do you use Uptime on any of those sites where you have WAF and Automate is not working? Can you enable support access to one of those sites where there are plugins to update? If you try to update directly from the HUB does it throw any errors?
    Please give us more details.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kris
    • Support

Hi Mohamed

It is look like even support access is blocked by Stackpath WAF.

We will need in this case access details. Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is "I have a different question" and:
    - Mark to my attention: ATTN: Krzysztof Tomczyk
    - Site access (login url / username / password)
    - FTP credentials (host / username / password)

- Link back to this thread

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Mohamed,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, I checked the debug log, but wasn't able to find any thing specific. Could you also share couple of screenshot such instances where you notice the the numerous blocks in the WAF side? The screenshot shared in the previous reply is with Uptime, which should work fine once the Uptime User agent is whitlisted. If you could share more screenshots it would be helpful.

I could notice update via WPMU DEV Hub is also failing. In general white listing the above mentioned IP should have made sure all the WPMU DEV Services work fine, and for Uptime it would be by removing restrictions to the following user agent "WPMUDEV Uptime Monitor 4.0".

I have checked the debug.log file, and I don't see anything that could be helpful, however I'm bringing the logs, and the issue into the developers to see if there is anything that could be done within our side.

Did you check with the WAF, or hosting support, and see whether they are able to notice anything peculiar that's causing this, which would help in troubleshooting this further?

Will keep you posted once I get further feedback regarding this from the developer asap. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Mohamed
      • Flash Drive

I am really disappointed. I reopened this ticket at 6th of December. I requested one thing which is "contact StackPath to whitelist your services."

Simply, StackPath blocking all of Hub features you asked me for all informations and return with nothing.

It is more than 45 days !!

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, Mohamed!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

I am really sorry for the delay from our end. Our devs just replied informing that, by default, Stackpath WAF purposely blocks all bots with prejudice. And, since we can’t control your firewall, to solve this it would be necessary to look in your Stackpath log to see the current blocks and whitelist what it's needed to.

They have also shared a NEW list of the current IPs of our services and I noticed that is slightly different from the one that we first shared, so I guess that the blocks could still be there because of this.

Could you please replace the list of our IPs with this new one and check if this solves the issue?

Apart from that, they also mentioned that it could be blocking based on request format, URL, IP, etc. You need to investigate which rules are being tripped directly after trying this action since StackPath WAF also has a WordPress rule set that might be protecting things on WordPress back-end.

If replacing the list of IPs and checking the rules doesn't solve this, could share more screenshots of the numerous blocks in the WAF side? As my teammate Nithin mentioned on his last post, it would be really helpful for us to continue assisting you with this.

We look forward to hear from you. Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
    Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.