Want to add user in bulk to membership plan

HI, I am using membership pro 2 plugin on a site that previously used a different membership plugin, I have exported in the database all users from the old plugin into wpusers table, but need to know how I can mass subscribe everyone to a MP2 course in one go?

Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jason,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Membership 2 Pro plugin currently does include Export/Import tool but it's meant mostly to move members/memberships among different instances of the plugin. It's not easy to use it to import members from other plugins of that kind with it.

You could try to create some "example" members in Membership 2 Pro, then use "Membership 2 -> Import -> Export" tool to export them to a file and then taking that file as an example - create your import file. However, in my opinion, it would be very difficult to do and I'm not even sure if it would work well.

That being said, the better way would be to use Membership 2 Pro API (it's documented in the plugin on Membership 2 -> Help -> API Docs page) to create a custom importer. If you had those members already imported to your WordPress as regular users (Membership 2 Pro needs them to be registered users anyway) and was able o create a simple CSV list of e.g. e-mails of those members that you wish to bulk-assign a membership in addition, I believe it could be done.

Are there many members that you wish to import? Would you be able to first make sure that they all have regular WP accounts and provide some sort of CSV list of their e-mails? Should they have the same membership assigned or are these different memberships?

Best regards,
    Adam