Want to create a site kind of like netflix, but where members borrow items from each other.

Looking to create a site, probably a membership site, where members can either "borrow" or "buy" used items from each other. Idea is that it would function kind of like Netflix, but where the "inventory" of items was actually owned by the members, not netflix.

The web site would then be the coordinator / middleman.

Need several new functions for that, and I don't think just MarketPress alone can do it, but please tell me if I'm wrong... Would like functions of:

- Members could post Products they have, but not in their own site, just in main site (only need one inventory)
- Members could post products WITHOUT having to use WordPress backend, just click a "post a product" button and fill out a form.
- Then for orders that come in, web site admin would coordinate sending shipping materials out, tracking shipments, etc.
- Would like for members who buy something NOT to know what member it came from.

All advice appreciated!

If this is not possible without custom programming, can you give me an idea who / how to inquire more about that?

Thanks,

• Philip John

Hiya!

I think this would definitely require custom programming, although I think it can be done using MarketPress.

I would suggest looking into using the author system to move items between members.

I.e., the site would list items and a member could "request" an item at which point you'd get a notification and could switch the author of the product to the new owner.

You would need a whole swathe of functionality to support that though, such as the shipping tracking etc and an audit trail.

You could probably handle the front-end stuff with something like Gravity Forms and you could just hide the author info easily in your theme.

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.