Want to make variable products inline rather than modal

HI

I want to see if its possible to make the variable products appear under the product name (for example, if you select Cheeseburger, it shows the options for that on the same screen instead of a modal pop up – like tastyignitor basically)

OR, any suggestions how I could do it in the easiest possible way?

Thanks

Farzan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Farzan Ahmed

I hope you’re well today!

I checked the site and I see that to display products on page you’re using shortcode from the WooFood plugin. It seems that this is exactly how this shortcode/plugin works and I don’t see any options to change that in the plugin settings. It’s also a premium plugin that I don’t have access to so I’m not quite able to test it on my end. If you want/need to stick to this particular shortcode, it’d be best if you could ask WooFood developers for help (It seem you can open ticket with them) as they should know “out of the box” if this can be changed and how to do this.

However, WooCommerce itself doesn’t show these variations in modal popups, so that could be an alternate route – to “rebuild” that product page using core WooCommerce functions/shortocdes. Is there any specific reason for using that WooFood plugin that can’t be achieved with WooCommerce alone?

Best regards,

Adam

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for the quick reply Adam

The main reason for using that plugin is because it allows the shop owner to select how long the delivery will be in mins, and also the auto print feature – i’m not sure if that’s linked more to the checkout side of things as opposed to the catalogue side though :./

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Farzan,

It would be best to check this with WooFood devs and see if they have any suggestions, I believe it will require custom development but it’s still best checking with WooFood first and see if there are any suggestions on where to start at least which can speed up the solution if it comes to custom development.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Predrag

The developer has told me it does indeed require custom development, which puts me in a bit of a “where to now” situation?

I can either leave it and work with I have, or see if WPMU can help with the custom development as well? OR, any other suggestions you might have – maybe a different solution you’re aware of similar to TastyIgnitor? For future reference even as I’ve had another enquiry for a similar site as well :slight_smile:

Thanks

Farzan

• Farzan Ahmed
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Adam

I checked that site and looked in to it in more detail, and realised that the layout is coming from the plugin onlinefoodplugin – I want to get that sort of layout in the shop area but use the existing plugins that i’m currently using as the one i’m using allows for auto print.

Hope that makes a bit more sense? :disappointed:

Thanks

Farzan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Farzan Ahmed

Yes, it does make sense and thank you for explanation.

I’m afraid though that this is still too much customization and falls outside the scope of this support. We can provide some assistance with some small CSS or JS changes and even some advice or help with 3rd party plugins (including premium ones if we do have access) but this goes into custom development area and would require much more customization/development work than we could provide.

If you need this to be done for you, I’d suggest hiring a developer that could assist you and create such customized layout/solution for you.

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.