Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by ERROR

I've read through the posts already in the forum and tried and tested suggestions, but I still get the same. Please help

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi tonyh,

You provided very little information. Is this a new installation? Do you face this problem after you try to install this theme? What happens if you swith to the default theme?

Try to upload your header.php file using “ANSI” or “UTF8 without BOM”. Not UTF-8.

Also check that there is nothing before <?php in header.php (including spaces).

If this doesn’t help, can you give a link to your home page?

Cheers

Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi tonyh,

Where is this register link? Sorry I couldn’t see it.

Did you already re-upload the file as I noted above?

My first impression is, a cookie is being trying to set after some output is sent to the browser, which is not allowed.

Cheers

Hakan

• tonyh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok great!

Did you see that it doesn’t re-direct you to welcome page after registration.

This probably happens because for some reason, the user doesn’t get activated…how do I fix this. The user is already showing in the system but is in-active.

Also, How would I create a login page? I’m worried that if I just create custom wordpress login page that will just be a normal user and not user that’s tied to the Membership system

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi tonyh,

I'm just peeking in to back up Hakan here :slight_smile:

Also, How would I create a login page? I'm worried that if I just create custom wordpress login page that will just be a normal user and not user that's tied to the Membership system

Are you using our Membership plugin? If so then you need to disable the wp-registration. You can set a landing page here after registration for your users: Dashboard>Membership>Options>Membership Pages. I'm attaching a picture.

Please provide some more information so that we may help you a little better. It would be great to know what version of wp you are running and what plugins you are running as well. Also, is this a single site or a multisite install.

• tonyh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your reply….

Yes it’s your membership plugin

I’ve done exactly as you explained above, but it doesn’t re-direct after registration, it just reloads the registration page. New registrations are also not activated.

Also, Once a user has registered and leaves the site to return later on, how would they login then? How should I create a login page/widget for the plugin.

Thank you Kimberly and I apologise for chasing you guys but I am under extreme pressure to get this working and bought 3 other membership plugins so far…all of them failed.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

but it doesn’t re-direct and user doesn’t activate. Does the system send confirmation link or something?

No confirmation is sent.

Do you have incomplete signups enabled?

If not then people who register will not be active unless they make payment (or free gateway).

In the manual, page 9/10.

Take care.

• tonyh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy,

Ok, that solves one problem. Users are now active after registration.

Still stuck with these:

I’ve done exactly as you explained above, but it doesn’t re-direct after registration, it just reloads the registration page. New registrations are also not activated.

Also, Once a user has registered and leaves the site to return later on, how would they login then? How should I create a login page/widget for the plugin.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Tony.

I’m not following:

Ok, that solves one problem. Users are now active after registration.

New registrations are also not activated.

Are they activated or not?

Once a user has registered and leaves the site to return later on, how would they login then?

They can use the normal WordPress login or if the theme has an area for that, they can use that.

There are plugins which give widgets for login areas as well. And if you use the popup form for Membership they can login there as well.

Thanks.

• tonyh
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Timothy,

1. They are not activated automatically

2. They can not use the normal login, because as per your setup instructions, and other forum posts, the normal login needs to be disabled….unless I’ve misread.

3. If I use any other plugins to login, then users get registered as wordpress users only and not membership users.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

They can not use the normal login, because as per your setup instructions, and other forum posts, the normal login needs to be disabled….unless I’ve misread.

The normal registration needs to be disabled, the login can’t be disabled.

If I use any other plugins to login, then users get registered as wordpress users only and not membership users.

I think you are confusing login and register here.

Note, we released a new version yesterday that has a lot of fixes in it, can you try that version and see if that helps at all?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.