Warning: include() [function.include] errors when using child theme after updating The Social Theme

Hi all,

I just updated the Social Theme from 1.1.8. to 1.1.9 to see if that would resolve some of the issues I am having with child/parent themes and when I activate the child theme I get the following errors:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/top-bar.php in /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/header.php on line 177

Warning: include(/home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/top-bar.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/header.php on line 177

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/top-bar.php in /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/header.php on line 177

Warning: include(/home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/top-bar.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/header.php on line 177

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social/top-bar.php' for inclusion (include_path='.') in /home/sailing/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/header.php on line 177

These errors do not occur when using the parent theme. I have checked and these files (the child files) are in the directory noted in the error (bp-social-child).

I am using WP 3.0.1 with BuddyPress 1.2.6 and obviously the BuddyPress Social theme.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan

• OmniTechnical
    • Flash Drive

OK, thanks for the update. So, can this be still used with a child theme by creating the following directory structure in the child theme

/lib/templates/wp-template/

and then implementing changes there? Or am I looking at doing the child theme in a different manner?

Thanks, Richie!
    Ryan

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi
    depends on how depth your child customization are...my suggestion will be a fresh start since
    the new version also includes new css structure and class, more compatible with bp components.

so for your method check new version lib/templates/wp-template and bp-template and see
    which php file are there so you can move them from parent themes and also restructure them
    in child theme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.