Warning message being displayed on Coursepress

I am getting a warning message related to a multi question in Courspress. See image. This appears after a selection has been made.

Rupok

Hi antKat,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Let's try to fix that.

I tried to regenerate the same issue on my test site but I don't see any of those errors for multiple choice questions. So I think this is your site specific issue.

Can you please tell us if debug display enabled for your site? Can you please open your "wp-config.php" file and check for the following line?
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
    If yes, can you please change that to following?
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    and save. Then check if those error are still being shown.

I believe it should resolve the issue. If it doesn't, or if that line is not there in your "wp-config.php" file, I'll need to see the issue live. Thanks for granting Support Access, I logged in but there are couple of subsites and I'm not sure where to see this issue live. Can you please provide us the URL of the page where I can see this live? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site.

Please let us know the details. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

antKat

Hi Rupok,
    Thanks for your response. the debug display had been set to false.

The warning messages are being displayed if you go back to the unit page with the check boxes. In other words when you first complete the question, I did not experience the warning messages. but if I then click back to the page it displays. This is the first question on the first page of the course.
    https://essentialoilsacademy.vitalityadvocates.com/courses/essential-oils-101/

Ash

Hello antKat

As this is a form submit so just pressing back button won't get you desired result. But we may try to hide the errors, please go to /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/unit-modules/checkbox_input.php line no 142 and add the following line:

$data->checked_answers = (array) $data->checked_answers;

So, the current code of line 142 will be pushed to line 143.

Please note that, this changes will be lost in next update. So it's worth to note down this changes somewhere and apply again after your updates.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Rupok

Hi antKat,

I'm sorry for the confusion. No, your users can also put wrong answer, that's the main purpose of tests, right? And you can definitely use multiple choice questions in CoursePress.

Now regarding those errors, I logged in your server to investigate the issue but it seems like CoursePress is not activated on your "https://essentialoilsacademy.vitalityadvocates.com" subsite. Can you please reactivate that on your site so we can continue troubleshooting and try to fix the issue for you? Or are those fixed already? Did the workaround Ash provided above worked for you? Can you please confirm?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

antKat

Hi Rupok,
    Thank you for your help.

One of the requirements that I have is the ability to export/import or copy courses created on one site to another. Unfortunately, I found that the multisite content copier does not copy over all of the elements of a class and the Wordpress export method is not efficient for this type of content. So I have now had to abandon Coursepress and experiment with alternative LMS solutions.

Although this issue was not resolved, I will mark it so since I am not able to use CoursePress.

Rupok

Hi antKat,

So sorry to hear that you gave up on CoursePress. CoursePress is an awesome LMS plugin with lots of awesome features. I believe, you can create an awesome learning site with this.

One of the requirements that I have is the ability to export/import or copy courses created on one site to another

Can you please try the workaround Tyler provided here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-an-easy-way-to-export-a-whole-course-from-coursepress-pro-to-another-installation-of-wp#post-946512
    In this way, you should be able to export/import courses from one site to another.

For copying courses in same site, you can use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-duplicator/
    This plugin will allow you to clone any of your current courses on your site. All units, elements everything will be cloned.

So I personally think you should give CoursePress another try. If you have any query, or if you are stuck at any point, we are always here to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

antKat

Hi Rupok, Thank you so much for your help. Believe me, I really wanted CoursePress to work since I already spent a lot of time on it plus changed out our theme not to mention that the plugin is part of my membership so needing to go out and purchase another solution and start over is not what I want.

I tried the export method described above but unless I am missing something it did not work for me. The export method requires 7 separate exports for the 7 different components and then import the 7. Since you don't have an option to select a specific course, all courses are exported. We expect to have 30 courses that we have intended to build on one site and then sell the individual courses to our Pro-Sites subsites. They offer the courses for fee on their sites to provide for lead generation, content and engagement.

You can see where I am going with 30 courses each having 7 export/import sections. It would be extremely clumsy and would probably require a separate site for each course archive.

I would greatly appreciate your input if you are seeing this differently because then again I really do not want to be starting over with another solution.

Kasia Swiderska

Hello antKat,

Sadly, you are not missing anything when it comes to export courses with use of the native WordPress import/export method.
    I checked if that would be possible with use of other plugin but it would work the same - each course, module, unit etc etc would be exported separately without dividing them for each whole course.

I will ask our developers for latest beta CoursePress Pro 2.0 and will see if that would be possible with new version.

kind regards,
    Kasia

antKat

Thanks Kasia for checking into this further. I will cross my fingers that 2.0 will have this capability. I've spent the last couple of days evaluating alternatives and have found a couple that provide export/import but other features are missing and frankly I was getting CoursePress to be where I wanted. If the new version has this capability, how soon would I be able to get a copy of the beta version?

Kasia Swiderska

Hello antKat,

So good news is that in new CoursePress there are options for import and export courses - it looks like it will be possible to export one or all courses to JSON file.
    But at the moment beta is not ready to be shared - I know that we sometimes share betas, but that is only for fully developed (grown up) plugins.
    This is too fresh to be released in beta stage, so we have to wait for official release. But we are testing it heavily and developers are working very hard to do release very soon.

kind regards,
    Kasia