WARNING message from Memberships Plugin

I created a couple different levels of membership. Then, I updated one user to reflect him as a "visitor" level of membership and as soon as I did, this message below popped up on my screen, and I'd like to know what it means and how to fix it as necessary.

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/shawnmon/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.membership.php on line 447 and defined in /home/shawnmon/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/shawnmon/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:990) in /home/shawnmon/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

I've been seeing errors too if I add a user to levels manually.

If I add a user to a subscription that contains that level I don't get the error.

Nothing seems to go wrong and I haven't had time to check out the actual php code to look further.

In the meantime, maybe add users to a subscription that contains the level and see if the errors disappear?

It might also be worth reviewing the thread about the new Membership beta to see if this issue has been reported and fixed.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi again,

I just noticed a similar error I had for one of my sites just after I upgraded to Wordpress 3.5. I thought maybe it was my theme, but now I'm not so sure. My error is

Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in home/my/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.adminbar.php on line 77 and defined in /home/my/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 990

I copied my error here to compare. I see they aren't the same, but will ping the developer to see if he understands the situation. Is your theme up to date?

Cheers,
    Paul

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

I just tested it on my development site and it seemed to work just fine with all settings preserved.

I'm pretty the developers would let us know if there was any issue with settings being lost during an upgrade.

Just to be sure it's always a good idea to do a backup first with a plugin like Snapshot

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.