Was the Plugin video removed?

Was the video about installing Plugins removed from the Integrated Video Tutorials plugin?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Trevor,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I don't think we were removing any videos "on purpose" from the Integrated Video Tutorials plugin. These videos should be available there:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/videos/

By "Install Themes" and "installing plugins" do you mean these videos (respectively)?:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/install-a-theme/

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/install-and-configure-a-plugin/

I have just enabled the Integrated Video Tutorials plugin on my test site and I can see these videos. Are they absent from your site? If you can't see them, would you mind granting me a support access to your site so I could check it?

To enable support access please follow this guide and let me know when you're ready:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Trevor!

I checked your site and I see it's a Multisite setup. I have been testing this on a single site but that's different.

These two videos has been added to the plugin on Nov 5th 2014 but not for multisite. They are available only for the single site installs (and that was that way since the beginning) as they are not relevant to Multisite installations because on Multisite WordPress only a super-admin can install themes and plugins. Admins of sub-sites can use them and even activate some of the plugins themselves (those that doesn't have to be network activated and can be "per-site" activated) but not add new.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Trevor

Hi Adam,

I'm building out a membership site for my clients who will have sites within this multisite and who also have standalone sites. I want this membership portal to server all my clients, that's why I wanted to have those additional videos.

Is there anyway to enable the plugin so those videos will display for this site, or is there a way to embed them separately from the plugin using the embed code at the links you sent in the previous message?

I tried dropping the iFrame code for one of the videos in to the post but it didn't work, so I'm guessing I need to authorize it somehow with an API code?

Thanks,
    Trevor

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Trevor!

Those videos are not hidden due to licensing but because the system was designed as sort of "help system" for users of your site and on Multisite they are of no use.

I can understand your point tho and there are two workarounds for that. The first one is quite simple and doesn't "interfere" with the plugin. The downside is that it will only add and make available these videos to the "Video Tutorials" page in backend - if that page is enabled (usually, by default, it sits under "Dashboard" menu).

To use it, add this code

<?php
    add_filter('wpmudev_vids_list', function( $video_list ) {
    	$video_list['running-updates'] = 'Running updates';
    	$video_list['install-themes'] = 'Install themes';
    	$video_list['install-plugins'] = 'Install plugins';

return $video_list;
    });

as an MU plugin:

- create an empty PHP file (e.g. "add-my-tutorial-videos.php")
    - put the code inside
    - upload it to "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of your install.

The second one would let you use those videos just like any other videos but would require a change in plugin's code. It's not a recommended way and I already reported the case to developers so they could add a way to "include/exclude" these videos to the plugin in future. If you really need to keep them enabled though, you would need to edit

/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-videos/wpmudev-videos.php

file and find this code (around line #106)

if ( ! is_multisite() ) {
    	$this->video_list['running-updates'] = __( 'Running Updates', 'wpmudev_vids' );
    	$this->video_list['install-themes'] = __( 'Install a Theme', 'wpmudev_vids' );
    	$this->video_list['install-plugin'] = __( 'Install and Configure a Plugin', 'wpmudev_vids' );
    }

then replace it with this

$this->video_list['running-updates'] = __( 'Running Updates', 'wpmudev_vids' );
    $this->video_list['install-themes'] = __( 'Install a Theme', 'wpmudev_vids' );
    $this->video_list['install-plugin'] = __( 'Install and Configure a Plugin', 'wpmudev_vids' );

This would unblock these videos all along.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Trevor

Hi Adam,

Great information. I don't really need the video to be available in the Admin as I'm creating a Member login area where all the videos will live on the front side. Having the functionality in the future to be able to turn on these additional videos even if using Multisite would be great.

For now what I did was just add the embed code for each video on its Post. The only thing I had to do the the embed coded provided was add the s in http as I'm using an SSL on the site, and then just change the dimensions to match the other videos. I threw in the <center> tags for good measure and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help,
    Trevor

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.