Was told there is no video to teach us how to set up PPV.

Was told there is no video to teach us how to set up PPV. NEED ONE!!! I have my s3 account set with my bucket with two videos in it. All keys and codes have been set up in both S3 and Wordpress dashboard to connect it with Amazon s3. Tried to embed video into PPV page on dashboard and when I pull up site there are three blank white boxes with "Flash ;video not found" There was no template asking for money even though I set up Pay Pal with all the proper codes and connections and verified that it is connected to my account. This is VERY COMPLICATED!! There need to be a training video to explain how to get some sort of icon people can punch to pay through paypal and how to connect that with the bucket you have your PPV stuff in! Thanks, Jim

• PC

Hey there Jim,

Thanks for posting on the forums,

While there is no video for this plugin yet, we do have a usage guide here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pay-per-view/#usage

PPV is not used to protect videos but if the video is inside the Pay Per View shortcodes, it can be protected.

As you are embedding videos from S3 account, can you make sure that they work on your website first ?

I would love to have a closer look if you can enable support access via WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff access >> Grant access so that I can check if the settings are working fine or not.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Jim Mayhew

Thanks for the response. I checked to see if the s3 videos work on my site, and they don't. I clicked on the "Add s3 video" tab and pasted the url from the s3 management console in amazon and then published and there is just a blank white box saying "video not found". I remember entering special keys and secret keys from the s3 management into the word press dashboard to connect the site to s3 and enable it to embed videos, but I can't find a way to go in and check the settings and maybe re-set them if necessary.
    At first I wanted to just have one "bucket" and charge a flat $39 for everything in it. But after reading your link you sent, a better way might be to put each video in the PPV "Vip Insider " tab on the website into a "template" and have free content promoting each video and a tab to pay (say $5) if you want to see that particular video.
    Anyway, will follow your instructions to allow you access to check settings, and let me know if you need access to my amazon as well. Really tried to figure it out, but am at a loss. Really appreciate your help!
    Jim

• Jim Mayhew

Am trying to follow your instructions to go to "dashboard>>support>>staff access" to give you access to check things and settings, and i can't even get to my "dashboard" and when I go to "support" there is no option for "staff access". I am a musician, not a computer whiz. Sometimes you have to really spell out every move and exactly where it is- assume i am a total DUMMEY. Just please tell me exactly how to get into the "dashboard" and where all these buttons are.

Thank you so much for your patience! Jim

• PC

Hello there Jim,

Sorry for missing your last response as I was not well and was away from work.

I have reenabled your account so that we can get this issue fixed.

In order to avoid any further delay, can you send me your admin login via email ?

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.