wds-sitemaps.php is timing out

…w/html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/wds-sitemaps.php (64)
…w/html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/wds-sitemaps.php (33)
…ww/html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-sitemaps/wds-sitemaps.php(447) : runtime-created function (1)
in __lambda_func called at ? (?)

Hi, we've noticed that part of this plugin is slowing down the site as it runs out of memory. What's the recommended memory limit for PHP on a multisite install with BuddyPress and 1100 sites?

Thanks
Joss

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings josswinn and Rob,

@josswinn many of your performance problems, no matter what the server specs are, is due to your relatively old version of WordPress and you will in fact continue to have problems until you upgrade. Check the Word Press change logs themselves and look at all the bugs fixed between the two versions.

@Rob hey you are repeating my dedicated server optimization specs :wink: But one thing our member did not mention Rob, is that he is still running a relatively old version of WordPress 3.2.1 and seriously wonders why he is having performance problems.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

@Joe - yup......I'm running with your advice from a while ago until I can prove otherwise :slight_smile: I had mine running at 256m and bumped it up to 512m. Where I really got HUGE gains was in optimizing mysql last year...seriously amazing gains there.

Ok wait - how the hell did you know he's running an old WP version? He doesn't even say it here...

• uol
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@digitsoft Thanks for the advice.

@aecnu I'm running the latest version of WordPress. I didn't give you my version number. What information is WPMUDEV collecting when we install plugins/submit support questions.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.