We are currently experiencing a temporary issue with data feeding from Hummingbird

We are currently experiencing a temporary issue with data feeding from Hummingbird

This has appeared in my Hub for quite some time and leads me to ask, how long is temporary?

The following also seems to be a regular .......

Something went wrong retreiving your GZIP Compression stats from the API. Reload the page to try again or contact support if this persists.

• Dimitris

Hey there all! :slight_smile:

This has appeared in my Hub for quite some time and leads me to ask, how long is temporary?

This happened due to a recent bug and upcoming HummingBird release (v.1.8.1) should resolve it. Latest beta is already in our QA queue, so when it passes the necessary tests, will be published.

This version will also include some performance fixes, so also GZIP stats message should be resolved.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there joe,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

As stated in the error message, there's a bug in the Hub, getting information from HummingBird.
    "temporary issue" means that this is spotted already and some work is being done.
    As the actual bug is far more technical and it's about our internal systems, more information would probably make things more complicated for WPMUDEV members.
    Hope that clarifies the situation a bit more!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• joe

Dimitris
    Thank you for your reply.

Are you really suggesting more information is not in the best interests of WPMU members?
    Surely not?
    I cannot believe that is what you intended.

My point was another sentence stating that a fix was due should be added to the bland "temporary issue" notification.

This would then prevent threads like this springing up, time and resources being used to deal with questions, and a general feeling of disatisfaction being averted.

• Dimitris

Hello Joe,

appreciate the feedback on this. This could have been communicated better I guess, sure. I've already mentioned it to our growth team for further consideration.

Are you really suggesting more information is not in the best interests of WPMU members?

Of course not, but the nature of some issues are making this to differ sometimes.
    At the point that the message was added, the fix wasn't found/created/submitted yet, so there was no point to add any kind of progress or ETA on this. Hope you understand! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• joe

I understand fully Dimitris
    A long winded tech explanation has its time and place, and this wasn't it.

However, generic "there was a problem" type messages are dinosaurs from the 90's and we shouldn't still be using them. More information, not less is the key to more efficient resource usage and customer satisfaction.

Thank you for your explanation.

For the record, here is one of my top ten most annoying and useless messages.....

From a well known internet security company software

"This could take up to a minute or more" - so in other words it could happen immediately or at some point in an infinite future? That's about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

Peace.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.