Membership and 1ShoppingCart / External Carts

We are looking to switch from another membership plugin (Wishlist Member) and are liking Membership quite a bit. I have a question about payment gateways. We currently use and are tied to 1ShoppingCart for auto responders, shopping cart, etc. Is there a way to integrate 1ShoppingCart with Membership? If so, what is the process?

If not, is there a workaround to using a different external service for the payment gateway?

What I'd like to be able to setup, if possible, would be a basic integration where Membership and 1ShoppingCart communicate. If that can't be done, then we would need to go the manual route where we setup the purchase option on the external cart, but upon successful purchase, they get a registration URL to setup their account to get them into Membership and access to the site.

I tried looking for that, but can't seem to figure out how to simply provide a link to a level / subscription that someone can register for if they paid outside of the plugin/gateways.

What I'm looking for is this: Person comes to site > Buys a subscription > Gets taken to 1ShoppingCart to complete payment > Kicks back to Membership upon successful payment to setup account

Hope that made sense. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Andre Foisy

Hi there @Joe,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community, and thank you for contacting our support team with your question.

I hope you're having a great day!

Membership does not presently offer 1SC as payment gateway, and such level of integration will very likely require some custom programming.

On the other hand,

What I'm looking for is this: Person comes to site > Buys a subscription > Gets taken to 1ShoppingCart to complete payment > Kicks back to Membership upon successful payment to setup account

If that is all you would need to accomplish your goal, then I would say it could be achieved easily with Membership.

You could use the "Free subscription" payment gateway included in Membership, set your membership's level and content protection, and apply this "Free subscription" gateway as the payment method to access. You keep that signup page hidden from the public.

You set your membership offer sales page, and set the payment button to link to your 1SC account to collect the payment, and after it's done you simply redirect the subscriber to your Membership page with the signup (they then create their account) using the "Free subscription" payment gateway you had previously set.

I hope that helps

Let us know anytime when you need any help.

Best regards,
    Andre

TLC for Coaches

Thanks for the quick reply, Andre.

Hoping some 1ShoppingCart support is added down the line. We actually have an Authorize.net account, but it's through there and we've been with them for the better part of 15 years, so it's hard to dump them now when they handle the majority of our mailings and auto responders.

Your suggestion above works, but we have a little wrinkle that seems to be what is causing the issue. That is we've got 2 levels / subscriptions

Free (content is protected with the more tag and need to register for an account to access/view)

Premium (access to all free content in the free level, but with added premium content you get for a subscription fee)

I've gotten to to where everyone can register for a free account to get on the free level, but if they want the premium features, they need to purchase the upgrade. That's where I'm running into issues with being able to insert an external payment method/button to go pay and then getting a link to register / add themselves to the premium level.

Is it not possible to have two levels going side by side while using an external payment method like 1ShoppingCart?

WIth our previous membership software, it would give us a unique registration URL for each level, which made doing something like that fairly easy.

Thanks again for the assistance - much appreciated.

Andre Foisy

Hello there @Joe

I hope your day is going great!

Btw, I'm intimidated by your avatar lol

Seriously

... That's where I'm running into issues with being able to insert an external payment method/button to go pay and then getting a link to register / add themselves to the premium level.

Well, where would you like to have that "button to go pay" to appear, for a start? And then, I guess that from 1SC there's a way to redirect customers to a URL of your choice, after payment is completed?

Regards,
    Andre