We are unable to map a domain for a new book

We are unable to map a domain for a new book genociderevealed.com to http://genociderevealed.soopllc.com/ with the Domain mapping plugin.

I've already read through numerous threads on the board about how to try and fix it. We were getting the 'Domain Name is unavailable to access' message. So we set "Verify domain's DNS settings" to No. We mapped the domain, and now the health shows as "invalid".

I checked the A record at the domain registrar... and it was mapped to the correct IP of 50.62.66.62.

I'm stumped. Everything looks fine. We have successfully mapped other domains on this network.

The plugin is at version 4.1.4.2

  • Vinod Dalvi

    Hi @vwondra,

    I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

    I can also see by pinging genociderevealed.com that it has mapped correctly to the IP 50.62.66.62

    I visited the domain genociderevealed.com and found it's displaying "Internal Server Error"

    Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

    Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

    Also see the Common FAQ questions posted on the following page helps you to resolve it or not.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage

    Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

  • vwondra

    Vinod,

    Access has been granted.

    Looks like it's not just the one site. I received the following email this morning from the sites owner:

    " was looking at Genocide Revealed, and then used the multisite switcher link at the top to go to RohiniSign.com. It took me to the dashboard, and from there I tried to "visit site".

    This produced a kind of loop, where at the lower left it was "waiting for SOOPllc.com" and then "waiting for RohiniSingh.com"

    Now this error occurs with all the author sites I tried, including WadeFransson.com and ThePeopleofthesign.com

    Genocide Revealed is giving an "Internal Server Error" message.

    I've gone through the Common FAQ''s several times. I'm stumped.

  • vwondra

    We figured it out.

    The problem is not a plugin issue. but an issue with how a site was added to the MultiSite.

    The domain in question used to be hosted on the same server... at the same static IP assigned to the entire server.

    When the site was moved into the network, the old site was deleted, but the hosting was not.

    So when traffic came into the server looking for the correct domain the server didn't know if it should direct the traffic to the old hosted account... or the mapped domain in the multi-site installation - resulting in a 500 Internal Server Error because the server didn't know where to send the traffic.

    Once the old hosted account was deleted, it started to work.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.