We have a test system with multi-site installed [with sub-directories]. Is there a way, when a new u

This is a new site, with new everything. It will be a healthcare membership site. Any thoughts would be appreciated. As stated, when a user registers we want to create a new site for them carrying over the pre-defined theme and plugins while using their credentials. I apologize if this came over a few times, I am not sure the submit button is working?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @steve_tempini

I hope that you are well today, Welcome to WPMU DEV! Don't worry this has only come through once :slight_smile:

And I'm pleased to say yes that can be done! You can use our new blog templates plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

How this works is, you set up a another site on your network (you can't template your main site). Then you set that site up with the theme, plugins and settings you want all new sites to have, then you enter the blog ID for that site in the new blog templates settings and click "Make Default" This way everyone who signs up with you will get a replication of that site :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a great weekend!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• steve_tempini

Jack, thank you so much. That is a great plug-in. I'm very impressed with the support too. Since your good, let me ask u another question relating to the above. We want to automatically create a user blog when the users registers and perhaps append a number to the end of the url. Believe it or not, our users are not very computer literate and we don't want to give them an option to create a new site name, etc. We want it automatically created for them with limited if any access to a dashboard. Is there a switch or script to do that and load the default template and have them land on their blog?

Best,
    Steve

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Steve,

I hope you are well today.

You are very welcome :slight_smile:

That is an interesting follow up question and I can see how that functionality would be useful, I'm afraid currently there isn't a way to do this, but what I am wondering is, will they set up a username? If they are or any other field, you could use Gravity Forms with it's user registration add on and use the conditional logic to pre-fill that field so they wouldn't have to enter anything in it themselves would that work for you?

Are you planning on some sort of front-end posting for the blogs, just as you mention limited access to the dashboard, if you don't mind them accessing it, you might want to take a look at our easy blogging plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/easy-blogging/

Basically using that, they get a simplified dashboard, where you can limit what they can access, for example you might want to give them access to just writing a posts, and even better than that you can setup a wizard to run when they first visit their dashboard to take them through how it all works.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.