We have multiple vendors who drop ship the products we sell. Is there anything to handle this?

We have an online store that sells products from a number of different Vendors, all of whom drop ship the products for us. I need shipping to be calculated from those different Vendor locations, and I need packing lists generated by Vendor, so I have a packing list to give each Vendor to use. Is there any way to accomplish either, or both, of the above two things?

Thanks,

Sherry

• PC

Hey there Sherry,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

If you want the shipping to be calculated from the Vendor location, then you will need to use WordPress Multisite and create substores for Vendors.

Then the orders for those Vendors can be directly placed on the vendor subsites. That ways it can be achieved with ease.

Printing slips is something no available at this moment however it has already been requested as a feature on the forums and our lead developer has this on his list.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-build-your-own-etsy-like-site-using-marketpress is a good post on this :slight_smile:

Can you kindly check if that helps ?

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Sherry

I think I explained the situation incorrectly. We sell products from a number of different distributors. We take the orders and payment on our site, and then turnaround and place the order with the distributor, pay them, supply them with the packing list, and they drop ship the order to the purchaser who purchased from our site and they include the packing list we generate on our end. The person purchasing on our site could be purchasing 8 products in an order, 3 we order through one distributor, 2 from another, and 3 from a third distributor, which is why I'm looking for something that will calculate shipping from each distributor to our purchaser, so we charge the correct shipping, and also will generate packing slips for each distributor's products represented in an order, rather than for the entire order. Does Marketpress integrate with Gravity Forms by any chance? Thanks, Sherry

• PC

Hey there Sherry,

Thanks for posting back.

I am afraid something like that is not available without custom development if you want it to automatically select the distributor you want to order from.

However if you are processing the order manually then it might be possible.

So for example you have 2 distributors and one main store

distributor1.yourmainstore.com
    distributor2.yourmainstore.com

You get one order for 2 articles.

So you can place one order on the first site and the other order on the second site and the shipping etc would be calculated accordingly.

You can enable Global shopping cart so you can checkout from any site.

That is the best which is possible without custom work. And if you are interested in getting the basic functionality custom modified, here is the right place to post a job : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/

There is no direct integration between MarketPress and Gravity forms as well. However Packing slips is something our lead developer is targeting for next major release :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.