We have the previous version of the membership plugin installed, with specific issues occurring.

We have several issues related to the membership plugin (not the most recent), and we were wondering if you could at least clarify if these issues are, in fact, due to the implementation of the plugin. We have some custom coding that might be contributing to the issue, but we were hoping you might be able to tell us what's causing the problems listed below. Perhaps some of them are simple fixes that might even be corrected by installing the latest version of the plugin, but we would like some guidance in that regard. Thank you for your time!

We have the following needs / issues that are not functioning properly:
· Inability to renew membership before current membership expires
· Inability for members to login / access members only/password protected content (it’s open to everyone)
· Poor search capabilities in membership database (can’t filter by name, only email)
· Missing content/incorrect default content on membership registration form even with correct selection during registration
· Inability to correct the content/view code on renewal page (as part of membership signup)
Inability to update member expiration date without deleting and re-entering member manually

• Nastia

Hello @Nicholas, I hope you are well!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue.

Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugins or theme? Deactivate all other plugins, switch to a default WordPress theme and test again for each of the issues you mentioned. If they are gone, please activate one plugin at a time to find out which one is causing the conflict.
    Follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I will sugest to update all plugins. Many bugs were fixed in the latest version of Membership 2 Pro. It also will increase security of your website and you will get better support.

Let us know how it went!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi @Nicholas Hostert

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am not sure you are using old Membership Premium plugin or Out dated Membership 2 Pro plugin ?

Please bear in mind that we no longer support or provide updates for old membership plugin. It has been replaced with Membership 2 Pro plugin.

So, if you are on old membership plugin and customized it according to your requirements with custom code, then update to Membership 2 plugin will break your site and for sure you will lost the customizations if they are in core files.

In this case, I would recommend you to update on a staging site. But first make sure you have installed membership-3.5.3.3 plugin. You can download it from here if you don't have that.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/download/31405892_membership-3.5.33.zip

Now, check for updates via WPMUDEV > Updates, then unlock membership 2 updates and run upgrade. After installing M2 follow the wizard to import existing members and memberships.

Note: As mentioned earlier, your custom code would not work here but this ensures you would have most of the above issues fixed up. If no then we will definitely try to look at it and will figure out why the core features or not working for you (beside some custom coding).

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.