We just launched our site with Protected Content and Promo

We just launched our site with Protected Content and Promo Codes. In my past research it looked like Promo Codes would be applied for future renewals, which we were very excited about... however it looks like the promo codes are just discounting for the first time period and then they are billed for full price for renewal.

Is there a way to apply the promo code for future renewals?

• jenn
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

When I went to Protected Content > Billing > (scolucci) View and it showes the invoice, its states that the promo will be applied each year. I just want to make very sure since this is what we have communicated to our customers.

• Atkotech
    • Recruit

The discount will be applied until the expiry date of the coupon is reached. When you set it up you would need to enter an expiry date & it is that date which commands how long the discount is added for. Number of uses also affects it too. Hope this helps.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @jenn

I hope you're well today!

...say we wanted the promo code to be used 100 times. If 55 people sign up using the promo code, when renewals come, just the first 45 will get the discount on their renewal?

That's a very good question! I'll ask the developer to provide an answer to that, and I'll post again here as soon as I hear back from him.

But before I do, can you please confirm if you are going to be using Protected Content for awhile, or if you will be updating to Membership2? I would honestly suggest updating, as Protected Content will only be receiving security updates; no new features.

• jenn

I didn't know Protected Content was being updated. Never saw anything about Membership2.

A couple of months ago when I started this project I was told to use Protected Content and not Membership because it suited our needs better. We are running into a lot of annoying 'features' that we are having to code around to get PC and MarketPress to work nicely together.

• jenn

So looks like I needed to update Protected Content to then see the notice about Memberships2. Installed Membership2 now.

Still interested in knowing if Promo Codes will be applied through the life of a membership or if its one time use, or runs out based on site total uses (as described above).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.