We lost a customer this morning

We lost a customer this morning (requesting a refund) because the pages load so slowly. I’ve upgraded the hosting, but I think it’s a problem with you guys.

If you go to the homepage — http://www.finisjhung.com/Streaming — there’s a big lag while it clearly runs some script or something. Then it loads quickly once that is finished.

Is there ANYTHING I can do? I’ve installed a caching plugin (Quick Cache) to try to help matters. This could be a huge issue.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @jamesdonegan

I hope you are well today, I used the tools over at pingdom to take a look, link here http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/crdfKE/http://finisjhung.com/Streaming/

It looks like buddypress-media and also featured-video-plus are taking up a big chunk of the load time and it also seems like there are multiple versions of jQuery loading.

Are you using a CDN at all for the files? Which caching plugin are you using?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• jamesdonegan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Morning Jack. Thanks for the speedy response!

I’m using Quick Cache. I am not using — and have no experience with — a CDN. I’m open to suggestions/recommendations, though. (Unless Vimeo counts… which is where I’m hosting all of the streaming content.)

I’m also not sure WHY multiple versions of jQuery would load. Is that something with just having plugins that have some overlap?

I’d love to do what I can to streamline, but we’re in the developer deep end, and I’m strictly a shallow end boy.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @jamesdonegan

i hope you are well today and sorry for the delay with my reply.

Ideally you want a CDN for everything, I would recommend either http://www.maxcdn.com/ or https://www.cloudflare.com/index

They are the two most popular and best ones (in my opinion :slight_smile:

The jQuery multiple versions will indeed be case of plugins that are using it and loading it, most likely in an incorrect way, it should call it, but it shouldn’t be loaded where it’s not needed, do you have a list of all installed plugins?

The CDN will really help though :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• jamesdonegan

I finally signed up for CloudFlare, and for the most part, I noticed an instant difference for the better. I still have some hang/lags. I have tried AIO Cache, which broke parts of BuddyPress (namely group creation and the BP-Media plugin), and WP-Super-Cache which broke the whole site (every page loaded as blank).

In other news, since adding CloudFlare, the Membership>All Members page doesn’t load AT ALL. Sends me to the CloudFlare Error 524 Page — info about it is here.

Thank you for your help!!

• jamesdonegan

Ah. Now it kicked in…

So many errors. Not sure where/how to start…

Warning: include(/home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/advanced-cache.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-settings.php on line 58

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/advanced-cache.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_3/lib/php’:wink: in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-settings.php on line 58

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.communication.php on line 323

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.communication.php on line 339

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 307

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 323

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 445

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 449

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 461

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 465

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 483

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 487

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 492

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 496

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 510

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.ping.php on line 514

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 14

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 52

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 93

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 94

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 110

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 139

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 140

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/addons/integrated.wproles.php on line 156

Notice: Undefined variable: fbcj_members_extension_check in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-facebook/buddypress-facebook.php on line 19

Notice: Undefined variable: fbcj_group_extension_check in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-facebook/buddypress-facebook.php on line 43

Notice: Undefined variable: twittercj_members_extension_check in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-twitter/buddypress-twitter.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined variable: twittercj_group_extension_check in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-twitter/buddypress-twitter.php on line 22

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-settings.php:58) in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-facebook/lib/external/facebook.php on line 49

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3012

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

They’re just depreciated messages – this is your biggie:

Warning: include(/home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/advanced-cache.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-settings.php on line 58

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/advanced-cache.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_3/lib/php’:wink: in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-settings.php on line 58

• jamesdonegan

Not really. I’d just deleted the plugin at one point in my testing today. That’s not the problem. I have reinstalled it. Site still broken, but now this is the message:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘_show_post_preview’ not found or invalid function name in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

• jamesdonegan

Done. New error:

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 40961 bytes) in /home/content/39/6603239/html/Streaming/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/class.membership.php on line 167

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.