We need to clean up the output from "Subscribe By Email"

It seems that when a Tweet is included in a post, the email that goes out to subscribers is a multi-part HTML that is not rendering. Viewers only see code:

--67218549252d2dd2f89e7b9.78959070
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=fixed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

And so on. The Tweets are not included. The post in question is at

http://blogs.shu.edu/hylandmi/2014/01/12/tweets-you-may-have-missed-last-week/

I see there's a setting to "include tweets in the digests." Do you consider messages of individual posts to be "digests"?

Also, the documentation talks about "View a live preview of emails before sending," but I can't find where you would do that.

Thanks!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @TLTC-DMS,

By using an embedded tweet, you're actually creating the HTML in the browser rather than on the server. This means in the HTML, you have a quick reference to the tweet, and the twitter API. The actual HTML shown for users is created by their browser when the page loads.

Because the proper HTML isn't actually stored in the post, there isn't a way for Subscribe by Email to know how it should be shown.

So unfortunately, there isn't a way to tweets using the normal embed method.

I'm not sure if there's a better way to do this, but I'll check with the developer to see if he has any ideas. here.

Best regards,

• TLTC-DMS
    • Flash Drive

More so than embedding the tweets, the problem is that the email doesn't display as an HTML email when there are these embedded tweets. Instead, there is just the multi-part code block. The first part is the plain-text version, followed by the HTML version.

A post without the embedded tweets displays properly in my mail client. I can forward you examples if that helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.