we purchased directory plugin. Is there a demo where we can

Hello, we purchased directory plugin. Is there a demo where we can actually see how the plugin should work? We can not find sufficient documentation, a visual sample would be super helpful.

How can we disable "reviews" so we just display listings, but not accept or show the option to review the listing?

thank you.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @hope, I hope you're well today!

Is there a demo where we can actually see how the plugin should work?

I'm afraid that no, we don't have a demo of the directory plugin.

How can we disable "reviews" so we just display listings, but not accept or show the option to review the listing?

You could use some CSS to simply hide that option completely!
    If you post a link to your website where directory is installed I'll be able to help you out with this!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

why is there no demo?

There is no demo because the plugin is pretty flexible and customizable due to the use of CustomPress. You can add fields, taxonomies etc, completely customize it using template files, and there's not much that is "standard".
    Sure, you can install it and work with what it provides on installation, but there's so much more to it than that!! Having a demo site that will simply show you the "out-of-the-box" features is just not fair to this plugin.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@hope

Does it have to be done this way to remove the "comments" form in the actual listing? Can the comments from be disabled via a setting?

I'm afraid there's no setting for that.
    However, reviews are submitted as comments. So you can disable comments for that post, or even the entire listings post type!
    This way the reviews form will now show up.
    An alternative method can be found here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-disable-ratings-and-reviews-in-directory#post-462776

I also notified the plugin developer about this and marked it as a feature request so that we may add a setting in the future.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

The setting is in CustomPress. CustomPress > Content Types > Post Types > directory_listing > Uncheck the "Comments - Also will see comment count balloon on edit screen. " checkbox. Reviews are just relabeled comments.

HOWEVER any listings that are already in your database remember the setting as of the time they where created. So you would need change them to uncheck "Allow comments" in the Quick Edit for each post. Going forward they would use the new setting.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.