Snapshot Pro Alerts - Amazon S3

We recently set up snapshot pro using Amazon S3 as our destination. We've ran an initial backup and have scheduled them weekly. However, in our web portal listing our websites we see a notice for Snapshot Pro saying that our site has not been backed up. Will these notices automatically dismiss while using Amazon S3 or will they only dismiss if we use WPMUDEV's cloud solution?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello chooseignite,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "Snapshot Pro" plugin includes two backup solutions: "snapshots" and "managed backups".

The first one is the one you are using and lets you push your backups to external destinations such as for example Amazon S3. The second one always puts backups to our cloud - your storage available in The Hub.

The Hub says that no backups were made if the "Managed Backup" is not running. If you enable and configure "Managed Backups" it will push backups to our cloud storage and The Hub will report them. Those backups will also be available for download from The hub, in case you need them.

Both these features - "snapshots" and "Managed Backup" - can be configured and run independently so it's up to you whether you use only one of them (and which one) or both of them.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello chooseignite!

It's like a separate feature so for now only setting up "Managed Backups" is a way to make The Hub confirm that there are backups performed. However, I have moved this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and if more Members of our community will support your idea, I believe our developers will find a way to reflect the backup status in The Hub even if no "Managed Backups" are performed.

Let's then see if other Members will vote for that too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.