We want to integrate the messaging inbox display into our

We want to integrate the messaging inbox display into our team admin page. We want the team admin to respond and send messages to the site admin from this page. What code do I need to add to the template?

Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Joe,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

I've looked into this, but currently Messaging is a admin side only plugin, there doesn't appear to be a function or filter we can use here to get this outputted on the front-end without extensive customization.

I'm including my colleague @Ashok here just in case I've missed something, but it doesn't appear there's anything usable for that.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Joe and @Jack Kitterhing

I am afraid message plugin interface can not be shown in front end, it is admin side only plugin. Rather you can show a link in front end that will take the user into the backend.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Andy
    • New Recruit

Hi folks;

I'm having a similar conundrum. I want users to be able to see the messages from the front-end. They don't need to be able to reply or send or anything of the sort, but just see the inbox and read the messages. I'm not afraid to dig into the code myself and try to build a custom add-on to do this, but a bit of direction on A) if it's possible and B) where to start would be great.

Or is it really just not at all possible?

Thanks,
    Allen (Andy's WordPress Lackey)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.