weaning from mu sitewide tags plugin

Hi WPMUDev team. I'm hoping you can help me out. I've been using a wonderful plugin for years call MU Sitewide Tags. It's authored by WP gurus Ron Rennick and Donncha O Caoimh. I've used it to aggregate my subdomain sites posts and display them on my main site. But I’d like to wean myself from it now because of a change in the way my site operates. However, I don’t want to change the way past posts work. Problem with deactivating the plugin is that it deactivates the permalinks on the duplicate/tags posts that redirect to the original post. The plugin hasn't been updated in 4 yrs so the plugin authors haven't responded to my query. Is there a way (or hack) to deactivate the plugin without doing that?

• Ash

Hello wadams92101

Problem with deactivating the plugin is that it deactivates the permalinks on the duplicate/tags posts that redirect to the original post.

If this functionality is included in the plugin, then deactivating the plugin will definitely turn that off. The only way is to write that permalink functionality again in the mu-plugins so that all subsite can use that feature.

I never used that plugin so can't be much help here I am afraid. But if you want I can move your thread to the members forum so that more members can join in the discussion and help you. Please let me know if you want that.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.