Web site not synched

My website wasn't synched up when I signed in to WPMU-DEV? I'm also looking for information on installing the Hustle plug in and what the difference btwn that and Mail Chimp plug in would be?
Thanks,

Droughan

• Jordan

Hello Droughan,

Have you installed the Dashboard Plugin? If you haven't you'll need to do this, as soon as you've installed it and logged in through the Dashboard your site will sync up. You can find the download to the plugin here.

As for the difference, here is a quote from the fantastic Predrag on a similar question.

Hey Elliot,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Hustle is our newest service that offer you integration with subscription services but it doesn't come with integration with Mailchimp Integration or e-Newsletter plugins since the functionality is different.
    Neither e-Newsletter or Mailchimp Integration plugins are needed for Hustle to function.

Mailchimp Integration is a simple plugin that doesn't come with much customization options, it simply allows you to use widget or a shortcode.
    Hustle offers much more customization and tracking tools as well, and there are also other subscription services available beside Mailchimp.

e-Newsletter plugin is specific as it's designed to let users manage all the subscriptions and newsletters directly from WP admin and it doesn't require any integration with Mailchimp or other newsletter services.

So basically all you need is Hustle and enable integration with Mailchimp from it, this will add your subscribers to your mailchimp subscription lists and you will be able to send your newsletters directly from Mailchimp.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Jordan.

• viobru

Hi, Droughan!

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that you’re having.

As Jordan explained very well, in order to have the website shown in the Hub you need to install the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on the site and then log in through it to your WPMU DEV account. I understand that you’ve already done this, so could you please try deactivating the plugin, deleting it and installing it again?

If that doesn’t solve this, would you mind running a conflict test to make sure that there’s no plugin or the theme you’re using on your site causing this? You can find information about how to run a conflict test here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2
    Please, make sure you have an updated backup of your site before running the conflict test.

If conflict test has no positive result, could you please send us an email with the following information so we can have a closer look at this?

Subject: "Attn: Violeta" (Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile: )
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login URL
    - Linkback to this thread for reference

You can use our secure contact form here to send it (please, do not post this information in this thread since this is an open thread and could be accessible by anyone): https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question.

Many thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Violeta

• Droughan

Violeta,

Can this be checked on your end if I allow you access to my site? I don't know if this is a real issue and what you're suggesting to try is beyond my capabilities and therefore I'll have to pay my web support person to look at it which I don't want to do if it's not necessary.

There's a notification on my dashboard to update something as well and I'm wondering if that might be a part of this issue. Attached to this doc.

Bottom line is that I have a functioning dashboard and I don't want to screw with that. The fact that my site is not synched could you tell a) what the damage to the operation of my website and b) has it ever been synched in the past?

Thanks,

Droughan

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Droughan,

Thanks for the additional info, that screenshot actually might exactly be what's going on here.

Even tho the notification is from a different plugin it does show us that you're using a really old PHP version.
    PHP 5.2.17 was released back in January 2011. and it's no longer being supported for a couple of years already.

I would suggest getting in touch with your hosting provider and ask them to update your PHP version because older versions like you have don't just have compatibility issues, but also affect your site speed and security.
    It would be best if they could bump you up to PHP 7 or later, but if that's not an option then at least getting it to 5.6 would be good enough.

Let us know if the issue is gone after that or we should dig deeper into this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.