Webhosting package included with membership on MU?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are some people here who opted to offer a hosting package with the pro site plugin for members who subscribe to their services?
I know that we can manage hosting packages via WHMCS and integrate WHMCS with our wordpress MU installation, however I'm not ready to use WHMCS as I don't want to manage hosting packages separately from memberships.
I would be creating an account for them via the Cpanel and using Web Host Manager which can handle the job perfectly. It doesn't include a billing system but we can still create and manage package directly via Cpanel/WHM. I was wondering if some people are using the same solution and how do they manage the process with their wordpress multisite?
My idea is simple, people subscribe to a membership and get access to a webhosting package included in their membership.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there,

You don't even need to have a Membership, which is a term that I reserve around here for the thusly named plugin. ProSites can handle just what you are asking for and this includes taking care of billing through PayPal. Basically, it's a subscription service that is created thru PayPal, but managed with WordPress. You can set up your levels however you like and restrict your themes, plugins, etc any which way. Looking forward to hearing what you decide to go with and here to help you along the way! Keep us informed!

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

JUST DO IT. ~Famous Nike Ad Slogan.

• HitchB

Hi @Paul,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.Prosites can handle the subscription service I know. I was just wondering if some people have included a web hosting package additionally to premium themes, plugins services etc? It looks like none of the sites I checked offer it. They give the possibility to use a custom domain name but they don't include a package hosting with email accounts for example. I'm wondering if there's a particular reason?

Cheers

• Paul Barthmaier

I think the reason why is because it can't be automated this way. That's the appeal of WHMCS. Of course, it can be done and if you're willing to fiddle with WHM, create accounts or let them manage their accounts in a reseller environment, cool. Need to remember that that it's not just specifying A records and CNAMEs, but also MX records, etc.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Paul

Locked yourself in EasyBlogging? Relax: http://goo.gl/R3gJr

• Fullworks

You can do it in a manual way. But the question is why? If they have a Wordpress site on Multi-Site why do they need a hosting account too (if they are technical enough to manage a hosting account they can easily set up their on wordpress site, in my opinion).

If it is simply for e-mail, then that is what we do, manually create c-panel account, but we price it so it is uncompetitive, we would rather they pay for another e-mail service, like Google Apps for Business etc than to muck around with e-mail accounts.

• HitchB

Hi @roibot,

Your feedback is much appreciated! I'm really trying to see the best way to handle all the process.

If it is simply for e-mail, then that is what we do, manually create c-panel account, but we price it so it is uncompetitive, we would rather they pay for another e-mail service, like Google Apps for Business etc than to muck around with e-mail accounts.

Interesting point, it's just for e-mail accounts. Giving them access to cpanel is the most professional tool but as you pointed a bit complicated to manage at first.

I never tried Google Apps for Business, can you please develop and share how you're managing your client email accounts?

• HitchB

The question is many users have their own domain names and email accounts. They can point their domain name using domain mapping in pro sites. And continue using their email accounts true for those who have an email account with their domain name.
    But I want to offer for users who have no email account the possibility to get hosted with us instead of looking for the perfect hosting provider in the internet jungle.
    Also, the idea here is to offer everything in one place than to look for other services.
    If it was possible for them to create their custom email accounts just from the wordpress dashboard and don't care about all the rest that would be great isn't it?

• Fullworks

Yes, it would be great if they could manage their e-mail from their wordpress accounts, but unfortunately they can't.

Google Apps for Business is paid service that gives business users the ability to connect their domain to multiple services including gmail (and google drive and a few more). It is a simple matter of registering and paying and pointing the domains MX records to google and then they can use gmail but with their domain. This is good as many people have an know gmail webmail and of course it supports imap & pop and pushing to android phones.

Zoho.com provide a very similar service except it is free for the first 3 e-mail accounts on a domain.

So what we say to people is if the want a professional e-mail domain they can be hosted with us, or we will set them up an account with Google Mail or if they are watching costs Zoho. In all cases it is a manual setup unfortunately.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.