Website admin hacked

Hi guys got a problem: my network admin and primary website admin are redirected to a external website: http://www.com.nl.

Am in a bit of a state and wonder if someone can help me out here!

Already checked .htaccess, wp-config etc.etc. could find nothing. Called hosting company but they will have to call me back on account that they are closed for customers.

http://www.jaaadesignwebsitehosting.nl (primary)

Help!

Nick

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

That's no good. Sounds like it could be the result of a hack of some sort.

Other areas to check would be your database. Check the siteurl and home entries in your wp_options table. Additionally checking wp_site and wp_blogs ro make sure your domain is entered correctly there would be a good idea.

If all of those are correct and your .htaccess and wp-config are good then it's an issue with the server setup or some kind of hack outside of the standard WordPress install.

Let us know what you find. Thanks.

• Nick vd Veerdonk
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Guys,

I just received your replies, somehow the notification was a bit late this time. I truly love the sense of community here at WPMU DEV it feels really good knowing you guys have my back! However...

I feel pretty stupid after half a day of hysteria and relentless searching, calling web hosting, pulling imaginary hair out, finally giving up and retiring to bed, and in bed after a few hours having a momentarily lapse of reason about the last change I made before it all went haywire.

DNS changes. I changed the DNS settings to the CDN configuration and went to visit my sick sister. When I returned and the website was redirected I never thought about the DNS settings no more.

So 15 minutes ago I got out of bed and decided to check, and whattayouknow.

Pasted a URL over old URL and left the .com by accident. In my defense you have got to admit that the error that followed is a typical hack symptom, no?

Anyways, thanks a bunch Dalton, Mason and Timothy, your OK by me and let nobody ever tell you otherwise.

Greetings,
    Nick

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.