Website compatibility issues on IE11

I am having a couple of compatibility issues on IE11 with one site and I cannot find a solution how to fix them. Can you please check if you can help?

This is the site: http://jo******gn.co.uk/staging/attain2018/services/

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi kevin ashcroft

Hope you are doing good today.

1. As for main menu at the bottom of page, this is related to your theme parts and many resources you use on site. There is to many animation loading in the background whichvery slow down your page. This issue appear random not only in IE11 but also in Firefox and Chrome browser. Site is very heavy because of those amination you in in each section and at the end menu animation is freezes. There is nothingin this case we can do since your theme code is written like that and you use such many animation in each section, it just slow down page speed load and IE11 cannot hadle such resources.

2. The video you use on Bluestone Leasing page got original resolution 1920x1080px. Correct small ratio for this resolution will be 640x360px. In most browser this video display without any black borders on top and bottom, but IE11 for some reasing add them. The ratio of implement video base on 100% width and height. Container of this video is incorrect because is set up to 637x446px where it should be 640x360px. The 637x446px value is flexible, I mean it adjust to screen size because you do not use static value for this video and you whole theme resize to all devices. Such case cannot be handle by css. Theme is design such way to resize each seaction and IE11 misinterprets ratio of this video. If we provide any css fix for this issue including theme design it will be hundreds of lines of code to adjust this video from 320px to high resolution because your theme is so flexible.

Also as I mentioned above your video is 1920x1080px and it weighs over 6MB which also slows down page load. please consider the compression of this file.

3. As for amination on Assets page IE browsers not fully support keyframes animation, so this case for such elements will require a custom coding to make this work correct.

I can recommend in this case to hire a developer which could correct all those issues on site or consider to change theme on this case, because right now those resources and animation slows down you site very much.
    You can use our Partner site where you can hire a developer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Hope this clarify all issue you have now on your site.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

• kevin ashcroft

Hi there,

We're working on the other issues but still require some help and advice re. point 1 which relates to the bottom menu.

I understand what you say about the amount going on in the site, however, when we run speed tests on that specific page we're getting anywhere from 3 seconds to 8 seconds which isn't super long.

Can you look into this point a little deeper please as it seems that the page is still loading in a reasonable time but the menu is still causing issues.

http://jonkdesign.co.uk/staging/attain2018/services/

It's really urgent we fix this so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kevin

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi kevin ashcroft

Unfortunately, we are not able to do anything about it. I check with other persons from team and e got same results on each machine. After we enter this site pages in IE the CPU rise severely and broswer just freezes. This behavior does exist in other browser too but CPU doe not rise so much.
    IE browser is build in part of window and it was design I guess in other way.

I'm not an expert or developer who build this browser, this is also not about how fast site load but for me this looks like IE cannot handle this theme and all resources (scripts/animations) it load. Thats is why it freezes and and make CPU so high.

We cannot force you to change theme but consider this because such behavior can cause loss of potential customers which enter your site.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.