Website Content Suddenly Disappeared (Front End)

Hi there,
I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas on the issues I'm currently having? When I visit my website (www.altoncars.co.uk/customer) everything which was once text has now disappeared. All the content is still showing in the back end editor however when I try to open it in my browser, everything disappears.

Some content does show on other pages but the majority of content is missing. I haven't installed any new plugins recently so I doubt its a new plugin causing any conflict?

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?!

Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Lewis,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I can see that you are using BeTheme which looks like to be pretty popular on ThemeForest, this should mean that they have good support team, it would be easier for them to figure out such issues.

Do you have backup from before the text disappeared so you can revert to that state?

After inspecting your site I can see that the text is still there but it's not visible, you also have number of errors in console which can be causing this.
    Again, my suggestion is to see with theme developers about it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Lewis
    • Flash Drive

Hey again, I've contacted BeTheme and they haven't been much help. They say its a problem with my javascript and is probably down to one page? I'm not very savvy with all of this. Does anyone know what they mean and if so if theres any tutorials/links that would assist me in fixing this please? BeTheme insists they cant help any further.
    Thank you,
    Lewis

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Lewis,

Can you explain me what does this part mean:

They say its a problem with my javascript and is probably down to one page?

Have you added any additional scripts to your site that can be causing this?

When viewing your site I see console error that is showing in animations.min.js file which is located in theme folder. When I disable scripts on your page I'm able to see the content.

Have you tried disabling your plugins to see if there are any conflicts with the theme?

I'm not familiar with the BeTheme and how it works but if those are sections that are added separately on home page try removing them one by one to see if the conflict is in one of the sections.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Lewis
    • Flash Drive

Thank you so much! Your a life saver. The problem didn't lay with a specific section, it was the animations in general. Once I disabled the animations for each section of content everything was visible again.

Thanks,
    Lewis :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Lewis,

Glad to hear you managed to pinpoint the issue :slight_smile:

If those animations are added by you then you should have a look at the code to see what can be causing it, if however those animations are optional in theme then I suggest contacting theme developers again with your new findings and see if they can give you some advice now.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.