Website corrupt.... ? :-(

My website doesn't work allright. Defender wouldn't start up. Is the site hacked?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Frank van Leeuwen

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have accessed your site and the site itself doesn't seem to be very complex at the moment (there's not much plugins enabled) and I'm not exactly sure what - except from Defender of course - is not working correctly. I don't know your site as much as you do, so if there's anything else not working right, apart from Defender, would you please describe that a bit more for me so I know what should I look for?

As for Defender. I tried to run a scan and I can see that it's not starting, indeed. There's no errors in browser console though so not much information on why this happens. That being said, I would like to ask you for three things:

1. Please access your site via FTP or cPanel "File Manager" and edit the "wp-config.php" file; somewhere above the "/* That's all, stop editing */" line add this line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

and save the file.

2. In your server configuration panel (most likely cPanel) see if you can switch PHP version; if yes, please switch to 7.x, preferably 7.1.x.

Once both these things are done, please try running Defender's scan again. If it still doesn't work, please do as follows:

3. Edit "wp-config.php" file again and add following lines above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */ line:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

and then

- save the file
    - try running scan again, preferably 2-3 times
    - look into the "/wp-content/" folder of your site (via FTP or cPanel "File Manager") for a file named "debug.log".

If the file is there, download it, rename to "debug.txt" and attach to your response here; In case the file was too big and couldn't be attached, upload it to some file storage - such as your Google Drive or Dropbox - and share a link to it with me here.

Hopefully this will tell us more on why this is happening.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Frank van Leeuwen,

Thank you for your response.

Thanks for your information. Here's is the debug file. Its for http://www.prokwadraat-groepswijzer.nl.

It seems that the file didn't go through. Most likely it is too big. In that case, could you please upload it to some file storage service (e.g. your Dropbox or Google Drive or similar) and share a link to it with me here?

My homepage of http://www.wielertochten.nl is ruined because of the processes of wpmu.

I'd be more than happy to help you but I'm afraid I'm not sure what should be fixed. You mentioned that "homepage is ruined" - I've just opened it and it looks fine to me but I don't actually know how it is supposed to look like. Also, by "the processes of WPMU" do you mean that "somebody did something" or you are referring to some plugin such as as setting up Hummingbird?

Please elaborate on this a bit more so I could better understand the case to be able to help you.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.