Website display issues

When I activate the CoursePress Pro plugin my site no longer renders. I get the below error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home/mrrobinson13/public_html/clinksms.org/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/2.0/include/coursepress/view/front/class-student.php on line 6

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cynthia,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is related to PHP version. I checked your site and it's powered by PHP 5.4.45 which is quite an old release but most of all it's got a bit different syntax and doesn't allow certain "constructions" to be used.

If you upgrade PHP on the server to > 5.5 (but preferably at least 5.6), that should fix the issue. However, I would recommend upgrading it to even newer version, 7.x if it's possible.

Most hosts let you switch PHP version for the domain via cPanel settings. If you don't have such an option available, please get in touch with your host and ask them if they could switch it for you.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sarah,

Did you made sure that the PHP version was updated before activating CoursePress again because sometimes it takes some time from changing PHP version to actually being it applied on your site.
      You can go to WPMU DEV > Support panel in your Admin section, click on System Info button on top and there you will see your current PHP version.
      Once you're sure it's 5.6.27 try activating CoursePress again and see if it works after that.

If you're still having issues please start a new chat or thread and we'll look into this further for you.
      This way we're not spamming original poster with email notifications about our responses.

Thank you,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.