Website doesn't seem to recognize shortcodes resulting in heavy errors

Hello there

Since I've installed my Membership plugin, I've been experiencing a lot of errors.
The plugin does not work. I've installed the plugin as stated, tried to solve the problems by de-activating, changing theme, etc. None worked. When browsing as admin user, I do not experience these problems, but when browsing as a visitor (not logged in) I keep getting the following errors:

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 'b' in /home/ciofo1/public_html/be/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 324

Warning: preg_replace_callback() [function.preg-replace-callback]: Unknown modifier 'b' in /home/ciofo1/public_html/be/wp-includes/shortcodes.php on line 151

When browsing as admin, I also see the shortcodes of the plugin ([level-ciomember] and [/level-ciomember] in my example) like text, so they don't do anything.

Thanks in advance for solving this for me.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings CIOForum,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Please check the databases to make sure they have all initialized by being logged into the admin dashboard and going to Membership --> Options --> Advanced tab and select "Verify Membership Tables" and see if this is where the problem is at, it will indicate any issues.

If there is indeed an issue then select "Repair Membership Tables" and once that has completed verify again to insure the problem has indeed been fixed.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings CIOForum,

It is about the end of my shift and I seen your ticket was about to scroll off my screen into the back of the system into aging and I wanted to prevent this from happening.

In a review before I go I also noticed this statement:

When browsing as admin, I also see the shortcodes of the plugin ([level-ciomember] and [/level-ciomember] in my example) like text, so they don't do anything.

To my knowledge this is the intended result when browsing as admin, or you could indeed not see the codes, modify them etc.

I will catch up with you tomorrow when I come back on duty.

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.
    We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.
    Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.
    Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.
    Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.
    Cheers!
    Tom
    Sales &Support
    Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.