Website down changed plugin on cpadmin

I changed a plugin on my site. Plugin: Wordfence. Now my site is no longer up. I have no idea what to do. Received email from WPMUDEV. Please help!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kimberly,

If I understand this correctly, the issue happened when you renamed Wordfence plugin folder, is that correct?
    As far as I know, certain Wordfence options, like firewall, will add a define in wp-config.php or new files in root and wp-content folders and those will call certain functionality from the Wordfence plugin folder, and once the folder name is changed it will throw a fatal error since it won't able to get the functionality anymore.

Try renaming Wordfence folder back to its original name and that should bring your site back.
    Or you can check your WordPress folder via FTP/cPanel and remove Wordfence files, together with mentions of Wordfence inside your wp-config.php file.

You should also be able to get more information on where the error is coming from by enabling debug log on your site.
    You can enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Visit your site again and this should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that should give you more info about the cause of the issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.